GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to 2006 equinex and it doesnt matter if your driving of sitting still sometimes the heater will just blow cold. it does come back and start blowing warm but no certain time limit on how long it takes. can someone give me some ideas on what i need to look for

·
Registered
10,497 Posts
A few thoughts...

Thermostat stuck open.

Low Fluid level in Radiator.

Heater-door not operating correctly.

·
Registered
441 Posts
RIT333 said:
A few thoughts...

Thermostat stuck open.

Low Fluid level in Radiator.

Heater-door not operating correctly.
i would venture either of those....

you can supposedly hear the heater door move if you put the ignition in accessory position, and move the temp gauge....

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thermostat is the first thing that crossed my mind here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thermostat sounds right but if it's hot one second and cold the next then that is not the problem. If it was it would take for ever to have the temp rise off the post. My 08 is off the post in less then 5 mins at idle (gotta love remote start).

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a similar question regarding the heater in my 2011 LTZ and the manual doesn't seem to be very clear on it. When I take it off auto does the temperature setting still have control? I've noticed if I have it set at a lower temperature like 72 with a fairly fast blower speed, sometimes it will blow cool air for a little bit then it will switch back to warm again. It doesn't seem to do it if I have it set at higher temperatures like maybe around 78 or 79 with a lower blower speed. I've also noticed that when I change the temperature setting, even with the auto light off the display will flash auto for a second along with the new temperature setting.

·
Registered
441 Posts
not really a similar question.... auto gets to the temp and keeps it there.....when its off auto, youll still have heat blowing through, how "hot" it is is determined by that temp setting (just like blue/red dial)

dunno about the flashing, maybe someone can comment....perhaps its just saving it in memory for next time you turn it on....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts