GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2nd update ***
Okay so I am not 100% sure what the issue is however. My dad a retired mechanic came to my house. So there is something going on with my car. I probably will not explain it right.
My car vibrates in the whole front end and center console. When rpm goes between 2-2500 it gets worse and the noise gets louder. Also when ac & heater are on the vibration gets worse.,
So instead of playing phone tag with GM regarding my case number. My dad went with me to dealership to go over the issue with the service manager. From what I understood it could be 2 separate issues or just 1. They said it could be simple or need a new engine. I will have to wait

** update on my heater issue. Chevy is having to call a field engineer out. So I will wait for that appointment.
When I turn my heater on the higher I go up. The shaking in my steering wheel and brake pedal become. Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Never heard of that one. I wouldn’t think there’d be any connection between the two ... except maybe heated steering wheel??? Does your vehicle have this feature?

On another note, your posts should always include your year, model, and engine size (at a minimum). A good way to do this is to create a “Signature”:

1.) Tap or click your icon at top right corner

2.) Choose “Account Settings”, then “Your Account”, then “Signature”, then enter this information in the text box and “Save” it.

Here’s mine: Feel free to cut/paste and edit it for yourself (notice I put some extra info in my Signature such as “FWD” and mileage, which are helpful to the person replying to your post, but “mileage“ requires you to update your Signature periodically to update the mileage number):

2011 Equinox 1LT (dlvd. Jan 2011): Summit White / 3.0 L V6 / FWD / Pioneer Stereo / 18" Wheels / 154.5k miles [25-DEC-2020]

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had this before in another car. You have somethign more than likely in the fan and gets off balance the faster you speed up the fan. If you have a cabin filter you can change open it up, pull the air filter out and put a vacuum near it. You probably have leaf or large piece of dirt causing this. If not then the fan might be going bad.

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for replying. My car has around 5k miles. It’s a 2020. Not sure if it has a heated steering wheel. I’m still learning about my car. I thought it was weird though. I have never noticed this vibrating pulsing sensation I the brake pedal with any other vehicle I have owned.

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I thought it was possibly the blower. The dealer I bought the car from acted like I was crazy and said nothing was wrong.
so I took it in to another dealer today. The guy felt what I was feeling on the break pedal and steering wheel. He agreed that it feels like the blower is bad.
Can a bad heater blower do damage to anything else?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I thought it was possibly the blower. The dealer I bought the car from acted like I was crazy and said nothing was wrong.
so I took it in to another dealer today. The guy felt what I was feeling on the break pedal and steering wheel. He agreed that it feels like the blower is bad.
Can a bad heater blower do damage to anything else?
Not really unless its a electrical issue but it sounds like a bad fan or fan blade.

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really unless its a electrical issue but it sounds like a bad fan or fan blade.
thank you. As a woman I do not know a whole lot but I know when something is not right. The dealer I bought the car from dismissed me and acted like I was crazy. Thank goodness the other dealership confirmed what I was feeling was not right and saw there is an issue.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Give the other dealer your business from now on. And I would complain to Chevrolet Corporate about the other dealer as you spent a lot of money there and they are not treating you like you should be treated.
Don't let Chevy customer service sway you to go back to them either.

Reactions: Stephanev

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Give the other dealer your business from now one. And I would complain to Chevrolet Corporate about the other dealer as you spent a lot of money there and they are not treating you like you should be treated.
Don't let Chevy customer service sway you to go back to them either.
Thank you! I will once the repair is done. I grew up around a mechanic shop so I know the basics and when things are not right. I will never go back to Courtesy Chevrolet again.

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe a stupid question. But should I worry as this is a brand new car ? Or is this common?

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update. The dealer opened a ticket with Corporate regarding this issue. To see why this is happening. If it’s just the way the equinox is.
I will not know anything until tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
It is NOT the way the Equinox is. Don't let them feed you that line of BS. Try another on their lot if you don't believe me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Maybe a stupid question. But should I worry as this is a brand new car ? Or is this common?
No real need to worry. Most new cars have, on average, one "problem" per car according to mainstream research and owner surveys. The warranty will take care of this for you.

Regardless of which dealer you work with, do not let them convince you this is "normal". Make them personally demonstrate that it is normal by showing you on other new Equinoxes on their lot. If the others do not do what yours is doing, they can't continue to call it "normal" and expect you to agree.

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update. The dealer opened a ticket with Corporate regarding this issue. To see why this is happening. If it’s just the way the equinox is.
I will not know anything until tomorrow.
No real need to worry. Most new cars have, on average, one "problem" per car according to mainstream research and owner surveys. The warranty will take care of this for you.

Regardless of which dealer you work with, do not let them convince you this is "normal". Make them personally demonstrate that it is normal by showing you on other new Equinoxes on their lot. If the others do not do what yours is doing, they can't continue to call it "normal" and expect you to agree.
thank you I definitely will.

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is NOT the way the Equinox is. Don't let them feed you that line of BS. Try another on their lot if you don't believe me.
Thank you. He said he tried another equinox and it did the same. Yet on another forum people where saying it does not happen on theirs. Wondering if it’s a 2020 model issue.,

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
hmmm. thinking out loud.
Im wondering if there may be an electrical glitch.
You have electric power steering. The fan uses more current the higher you go.
Brakes... hmmmm
I wonder if theres some kind of feedback with the fan- causing the electric motor in the steering rack to slightly cycle back and forth.
It would be interesting to know if any other electrical systems in the vehicle also act up... (wipers, lights, etc?)

Courtesy Chevrolet- San Diego area.

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm. thinking out loud.
Brakes... hmmmm
I wonder if theres some kind of feedback with the fan- causing the electric motor in the steering rack to slightly cycle back and forth.
It would be interesting to know if any other electrical systems in the vehicle also act up... (wipers, lights, etc?)

Now that you mention electrical. I know my right car sensor in the mirror does not always come on letting me know a car is next to me.
maybe there is a connection. Idk. I just know the vibrating on the break peddle is really annoying especially when I’m driving. the steering wheel not as annoying.
i hope they can find out why and do not give me the ists normal. If so I will ask to try other equinox and Chevy vehicles.
this cannot be normal. I Never felt it on my 2011 Chevy Silverado

·
Registered
20 Chevy equinox turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmmm. thinking out loud.
Brakes... hmmmm

I did not realize you are from courtesy Chevrolet.
that’s where I purchased my vehicle but was dismissed when I brought up the issue.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
no, im not from Courtesy Chevy-
I was just posting- that the dealer is in the San Diego area.
Im in Los Angeles and have seen the license plate frames for Courtesy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts