GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive tried every setting to try to be comfortable in my new terrain. Its either not or cold, no blend of any sort. If i raise the temp i get heat right away then when it hits the desired temp it sends ice cold air. ive tried every setting including Auto. My dealer looked at me strange when i mentioned it . His words, maybe a blend door not working give it some time. Is this normal?

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
LarryDee said:
His words, maybe a blend door not working give it some time. Is this normal?
Are you asking if this is a normal blow-off by the dealer ? Ans : Depends on the dealer, unfortunately.

If you're asking if the blend door should be given some time for it to start working - then, No it'll never happen.

But seriously - I haven't experienced your problem, and haven't heard others complain, so maybe there is a problem with your blend-door.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Per dealer what mine does is normal, but is going to take some getting used to...Regardless of auto or non-auto, when you adjust temp, say to make colder. You get some cold air then it get's warmer again. Then you have to adjust little more colder to actually get colder air. Same thing in reverse. You want warmer. You adjust few degrees. Get warm air, then colder. Then you adjust few more degrees then it says warmer.

Had dealer reprogram and check out. They agreed with me that it was better when temp knob just went to heater core valve...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
LarryDee said:
ive tried every setting to try to be comfortable in my new terrain. Its either not or cold, no blend of any sort. If i raise the temp i get heat right away then when it hits the desired temp it sends ice cold air. ive tried every setting including Auto. My dealer looked at me strange when i mentioned it . His words, maybe a blend door not working give it some time. Is this normal?
I would be happy to look into this for you as well on my end. Please feel free to private message me with more information including your current mileage and the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts