GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought an equinox without heated seats and had that installed later? Is that possible? Also What about the radio interface on the steering wheel? Is that able to be installed at a later date? And lastly what about an aftermarket remote starter? Mine didn't come with a factory one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Most of it would be pretty tricky/expensive...

Heated Seats: You'd be replacing the whole seat, and there's also a button for it on the dash, therefore tricky and expensive. You could also just do s simple after-market heating cushion, though.

Radio Interface / Steering wheel audio controls: There's been threads on this already, but it essentially requires a whole new steering wheel, and likely a new radio unit as well. Likely a fair bit of wiring as well, unless it's all just plug and play with the right wheel and stereo.

After-market remote starters: There's tons and tons of after-market options of remote starters, typically ranging from $99 installed to $500.

Sounds like you maybe shouldn't have picked up the base model...?

·
Registered
136 Posts
brad5016 said:
Has anyone bought an equinox without heated seats and had that installed later? Is that possible? Also What about the radio interface on the steering wheel? Is that able to be installed at a later date? And lastly what about an aftermarket remote starter? Mine didn't come with a factory one.

I had heated seats added to my rear Yukon seats 5 years ago. ( came with OEM fronts heated) A local auto body/customizing shop did it for me and just ordered the heat pads online. They gave me a great deal @ $650 installed including wiring w/ custom switches. Look online and you'll see many kits.
MM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts