GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have the SLT-2, with nav and all the other goodies to go along with. It is starting to get colder here and i have noticed that there is a option in the nav screen under comfort for the option to have the seats heat up when using the command start. I have mine checked off. I have noticed that when starting my Terrain my seats dont heat up unless i physically press the heated seat button. Does anyone happen to have an explanation for this? Does the outside temp have to be below a certain degree in order for it to work? Thank you in advance for the replies... Hopefully we get some answers.

Cheers,

ICEBEAR

·
Registered
21 Posts
From the owners manual

Instruments and Controls 4-37

Remote Start Auto Heat Seats
When on, this feature will turn the
heated seats on when using remote
start on cold days.
Press the MENU / SELECT knob
when “Remote Start Auto Heat
Seats” is highlighted to toggle
between “On” or “Off”. Press
0 BACK to confirm the selection
and go back to the last menu.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Well, you have to have it checked to have them turn on when you remote start.

And yes, it has to be below a certain temp (dont remember what it is) for the seats to turn on. It will turn them on to the second setting.

There was a post (cant find it) on here where someone actually did a thermal scan of the seats with the remote start and the seats were actually 10-15 degrees warmer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I read somewhere that it had to be no warmer outside than 40-42 F for seats to activate on all new GM sleds............

MM

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your replies.... Do u hapen to know if the light for the seater heaters (heated seats) is supposed to come on when you start from the remote? [/color]

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The light will NOT come on. At least I havent noticed ours being on.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
light will not come on, when you get into the vehicle and turn the key to run, the seat heater will turn off one must turn it back on on the dash for it to keep heating

·
Registered
101 Posts
ICEBEAR said:
Thank you for your replies.... Do u hapen to know if the light for the seater heaters (heated seats) is supposed to come on when you start from the remote?
The light will remain off because the head unit has no power until the car is started. However, the heated seats will turn off automatically as soon as you start the car, and you'll have to turn them on manually. This may be a security precaution making you confirm you want the seats hot, or making sure the passenger seat heater is off when you're the only one driving.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quantumbyte said:
The light will remain off because the head unit has no power until the car is started. However, the heated seats will turn off automatically as soon as you start the car, and you'll have to turn them on manually. This may be a security precaution making you confirm you want the seats hot, or making sure the passenger seat heater is off when you're the only one driving.
Great, thank you. I tested it out and you are correct. I thought that the light would come on just to let you know. But i guess when you put your bum in the seat, you'll know then... :p

Cheers,

ICEBEAR

·
Registered
101 Posts
ICEBEAR said:
Great, thank you. I tested it out and you are correct. I thought that the light would come on just to let you know. But i guess when you put your bum in the seat, you'll know then... :p
And if you don't, don't worry, GM already thought if it and warns you on the manual ::)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quantumbyte said:
And if you don't, don't worry, GM already thought if it and warns you on the manual ::)
Lol... too funny... Of course they would, they dont what we call a law suit on their butts... ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts