GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding the heated seats coming on when using remote start. I tried the search, but the questions didn't seem to have a answer. My configuration menu is set for on, but when starting remotely the seats are not heating and the indicator lights are not on. The owners manual says after inserting the key and turing it they will shut off and you will have to turn them on again. I can't see where mine are coming on during the initial remote start.
Thanks for any help an this topic.

·
Registered
635 Posts
How long did you wait till testing the seats for heat? Its not instantaneous. You often cant feel heat until you put pressure on seat to thermally transfer the heat. Gliding your hand over the uncompressed surface is not an accurate test.
Try doing a search for "heated seats" it has been discussed extensively.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If its not cold enough the seats wont turn on.

It takes about 3-4 minutes to get them warm as well. Then, when you get in the vehicle you have to turn the on if you want them hotter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Roesterman & bballer4567. I found the info and will wait longer before I get into the vehicle. We are in Southern Oregon and the morning temps are well bdelow the 50 degrees. I assume the lights on the switch do not light when remote started??

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
That might not be cold enough for them to work.

Also, just take this for what it is but its my advice. Dont remote start when temps are that high to warm up the vehicle. You are just wasting gas as it takes much longer to warm up at idle and to get everything to normal temp. Might as well just start it up and take it easy the first mile or two of driving until it starts to warm up.

Just my thoughts on it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Our 'Nox is the 2nd vehicle I've noticed this in. It does take a while for the seats to warm up. I assume it's because the heaters are not high powered, and are made to perform best when pressure (your butt) is applied to them. So remote starting might help shorten the time to full warm, but unless you wait 5 + minutes, you probably won't get much heat from the initial "sit".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts