GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Equonix the heat for the interior works some times and sometimes not. Engine is hot but just get cold air from vents, in auto or manual. It will work fine then shut car off and back 15 mins later and no heat. It will not work cold engine drive for 20 mins no heat entire time then drive again 30 mins later and heats fine. No consistancey when it fails. Had appt scheduled and it was working fine after talking to service dept decide to cancel and problem has continued going to tkae it for service and hope its not working when its there. Anyone had this problem or have any ideas?

·
Registered
338 Posts
mdub said:
i had a similar problem with our suburban. Our issue was a sticking thermostat.
That would be my guess too. If it is the thermostat and happens long enough it will trigger CEL.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
DMMUSA said:
2011 Equonix the heat for the interior works some times and sometimes not. Engine is hot but just get cold air from vents, in auto or manual. It will work fine then shut car off and back 15 mins later and no heat. It will not work cold engine drive for 20 mins no heat entire time then drive again 30 mins later and heats fine. No consistancey when it fails. Had appt scheduled and it was working fine after talking to service dept decide to cancel and problem has continued going to tkae it for service and hope its not working when its there. Anyone had this problem or have any ideas?
Hi DMMUSA,

Sorry to read of your frustration with the heat in your Equinox. I would suggest taking it back to your dealer for diagnosis if the issue remains unresolved, as you mentioned. Please keep us updated on your progress! If you would like me to investigate anything for you, please feel free to send me a direct message with details like VIN, dealer, address, etc. (I'm filling in for Tricia while she's away for just a short while.)

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 12 Terrain SLT2 with climate control and am having much trouble in manual mode, it seems impossible to get warm air from the system. It is either boiling hot or cool...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine won't consistently blow warm air. It seems like once the thermostat is satisfied it starts blowing cold air.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An update on our heat problem. It recently started working OK as the outside temp warmed up but then the heat wouldnt shut off, then in auto mode everything started working backwards. Set to 85 degrees and fan slowed and put out cold air, then set it to 65 and fan sped up and it pu out hot air. Took it to dealer today and they found a program fault in the climate control module. They said probally like this from the factory they reprogramed it and it seems to be working fine now. We will watch it close for a while but hopefully this got it taken care. Thanks for your comments and help.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
DMMUSA said:
An update on our heat problem. It recently started working OK as the outside temp warmed up but then the heat wouldnt shut off, then in auto mode everything started working backwards. Set to 85 degrees and fan slowed and put out cold air, then set it to 65 and fan sped up and it pu out hot air. Took it to dealer today and they found a program fault in the climate control module. They said probally like this from the factory they reprogramed it and it seems to be working fine now. We will watch it close for a while but hopefully this got it taken care. Thanks for your comments and help.
I am glad to see that the concern seems to be resolved. Feel free to contact me with any questions that may arise in the future. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi DMMUSA,

Sorry to read of your frustration with the heat in your Equinox. I would suggest taking it back to your dealer for diagnosis if the issue remains unresolved, as you mentioned. Please keep us updated on your progress! If you would like me to investigate anything for you, please feel free to send me a direct message with details like VIN, dealer, address, etc. (I'm filling in for Tricia while she's away for just a short while.)

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service
The entire reason for this forum is so people can get answers without going to dealership and paying horribly high service prices. So your suggestion to go to dealership is no help at all. We all know we can take it to a mechanic or dealership. lol please

1 - 9 of 9 Posts