GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August 2011, 3 months after buying new Equinox, I wrote a post concerning my headliner being droopy and pulled away from the front windshield. Well, the dealer ordered and installed a new headliner, it is still pulled away from the windshield at the drivers side, and when I checked the car before I drove off the lot, I told the service rep about it still being pulled away from the windshield. He told me he could take it back into the shop but there wasn't anything they could do about it, that there was no way for them to put a "clamp" on the headliner to make it adhere to the glue that would keep it in line. I said the headliner is not pulled away from the passenger side anymore, so I don't see why it will still be pulled away from the drivers side. I asked if the windshield was going to leak, he said no (well guess what: I entered the car the other day and the inside of the windshield was wet!! will deal with the dealer next week on this issue), and asked if this was going to go against me trading in the Equinox in 4 years, he said "no, they'll never look at that". The service personnel "check-off' when they have completed their inspections/work, but I have caught them now twice at "checking: done/completed" and the work/job has not been completed, one more time will be the charm, I will go to the owner with my complaints then. I truly LOVE my Equinox, but the headliner issue has me really upset. Is anyone still having the same problem as I am?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Have you contacted customer assistance regarding your concern? I would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me directly with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
shoppinglady said:
Back in August 2011, 3 months after buying new Equinox, I wrote a post concerning my headliner being droopy and pulled away from the front windshield. Well, the dealer ordered and installed a new headliner, it is still pulled away from the windshield at the drivers side, and when I checked the car before I drove off the lot, I told the service rep about it still being pulled away from the windshield. He told me he could take it back into the shop but there wasn't anything they could do about it, that there was no way for them to put a "clamp" on the headliner to make it adhere to the glue that would keep it in line. I said the headliner is not pulled away from the passenger side anymore, so I don't see why it will still be pulled away from the drivers side. I asked if the windshield was going to leak, he said no (well guess what: I entered the car the other day and the inside of the windshield was wet!! will deal with the dealer next week on this issue), and asked if this was going to go against me trading in the Equinox in 4 years, he said "no, they'll never look at that". The service personnel "check-off' when they have completed their inspections/work, but I have caught them now twice at "checking: done/completed" and the work/job has not been completed, one more time will be the charm, I will go to the owner with my complaints then. I truly LOVE my Equinox, but the headliner issue has me really upset. Is anyone still having the same problem as I am?
The headliner is inside the car and has nothing to do with keeping water from coming into the car. If your windshield was wet, not just moisture condensing, then you have a leaky sunroof, or the windshield gasket is leaking. I would demand that it get fixed ASAP- otherwise you can get moisture in the interior electronics, and have very big problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The inside of the windshield was wet due
to condensation (according to the dealer
but they are replacing the gasket around
the windshield under warranty). I love the
Equinox and changed from Ford & Kia to GM,
I just want to make sure all is taken care
of when it should be.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
shoppinglady said:
The inside of the windshield was wet due
to condensation (according to the dealer
but they are replacing the gasket around
the windshield under warranty). I love the
Equinox and changed from Ford & Kia to GM,
I just want to make sure all is taken care
of when it should be.
Thanks for the update. Please feel free to keep me posted on your progress and contact me with any questions. Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2011 Terrain purchased new in December 12, 2011, discovered headliner issue pulling away from windshield and sagging mid cabin around lights. Selling dealer said the campaign to fix with the new magnets, glue was done while in inventory, but the pulling away from windshield was a 'never seen' before issue. Told to bring in at 3000 mile check/oil change to work on 'fix'.
Visited dealer Jan 10, 2012 to see if new headliner was the fix, so to order and have ready. Service advisor printed information (from GM) to show to Service Manager to aid in resolution. Jan 17, 2012 received call from Service Advisor that Service Manager spoke to GM Rep, no 'fix' at this point and will advise.
NOT Acceptable!
Call GM Customer Support, 800-462-8782, gave information to open a file, (#71-1029770034), customer service agent for GM called the dealership and got the same answer back and the same 'wait and see' again!
I see no postings (yet) on this issue for the 2012 model production....so what was the 'fix'? I'll keep all advised and keep pushing up the chain.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The generic 'No fix at this time'...Or we are working on a solution...

really havent heard this issue, yet, on the 2012's...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
WBG3 said:
2011 Terrain purchased new in December 12, 2011, discovered headliner issue pulling away from windshield and sagging mid cabin around lights. Selling dealer said the campaign to fix with the new magnets, glue was done while in inventory, but the pulling away from windshield was a 'never seen' before issue. Told to bring in at 3000 mile check/oil change to work on 'fix'.
Visited dealer Jan 10, 2012 to see if new headliner was the fix, so to order and have ready. Service advisor printed information (from GM) to show to Service Manager to aid in resolution. Jan 17, 2012 received call from Service Advisor that Service Manager spoke to GM Rep, no 'fix' at this point and will advise.
NOT Acceptable!
Call GM Customer Support, 800-462-8782, gave information to open a file, (#71-1029770034), customer service agent for GM called the dealership and got the same answer back and the same 'wait and see' again!
I see no postings (yet) on this issue for the 2012 model production....so what was the 'fix'? I'll keep all advised and keep pushing up the chain.
I am showing that you opened this case today. It appears that your agent is working on the concern for you and should be in contact with you. Feel free to keep me posted on your progress. Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I am showing that you opened this case today. It appears that your agent is working on the concern for you and should be in contact with you. Feel free to keep me posted on your progress. Thank you.

Update 01/19/2012
Called by Customer Agent (866-790-5700 x41026) informed there is no "fix" now and replacement of headliner is not possible as told, "we can't replace 1000's of headliners"..... Agent said he "pushed" to get a replacement but was denied. I asked to speak to "who" denied but was told my only recourse is to write a letter of complaint. asked if this issue was seen in the 2012 production run ( I've seen no posts on this Forum effecting 2012's)...told "we don't have access to "other complaints" Informed Agent of posts on this site and Google searches and the postings of a GM Customer Service person, Tina.
Sorry Tina, Agent says there is no "authorized" person from GM Customer Service posting on Forums. So if you are really there Tina, make a note to my file, #71-1029770034. Thank You
Guess my recourse is with the Selling Dealer on how much they want to keep me as a Customer as GM does not.

More to come........

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
WBG3 said:
Update 01/19/2012
Called by Customer Agent (866-790-5700 x41026) informed there is no "fix" now and replacement of headliner is not possible as told, "we can't replace 1000's of headliners"..... Agent said he "pushed" to get a replacement but was denied. I asked to speak to "who" denied but was told my only recourse is to write a letter of complaint. asked if this issue was seen in the 2012 production run ( I've seen no posts on this Forum effecting 2012's)...told "we don't have access to "other complaints" Informed Agent of posts on this site and Google searches and the postings of a GM Customer Service person, Tina.
Sorry Tina, Agent says there is no "authorized" person from GM Customer Service posting on Forums. So if you are really there Tina, make a note to my file, #71-1029770034. Thank You
Guess my recourse is with the Selling Dealer on how much they want to keep me as a Customer as GM does not.

More to come........
I have taken another look at your case and will be contacting you privately with more details. I have also attached our conversations to the case to be sure that they are aware that we are speaking. Thank you again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
01/24 Update.......
Went back to selling dealership to discuss my complaint, Service Manager was made aware of my complaint (by GM customer service) and told me they have 2 other customers with this same issue, mine being the worst. Service manager was told by the District Manager NOT to replace the headliners but put the "fix" on the engineers to come up with a solution....so more wait and see. Following the discussions here, it has open "a can of worms" to another issue with the I4 engine. I spoke to the Dealership GM about my issue (headliner-no fix) and I4 engine. Love the car, but could we work a deal for my newly purchased 2011 (Dec '11) for a 2012 with V6. Dealer was willing to make it work and keep my business. So I purchased the 2012 V6. Its Karma! Love the car even more....V6 is great, smooth power. Quieter than the '11 on the road. Nice changes with the 7" entertainment/backup camera display, door lock buttons on the door, improved visibility added to driver/passenger mirrors, front seat belts buckle easier and most important.......headliner is flush with the windshield and no drooping mid and rear cabin!

·
Registered
241 Posts
WBG3 said:
01/24 Update.......
Went back to selling dealership to discuss my complaint, Service Manager was made aware of my complaint (by GM customer service) and told me they have 2 other customers with this same issue, mine being the worst. Service manager was told by the District Manager NOT to replace the headliners but put the "fix" on the engineers to come up with a solution....so more wait and see. Following the discussions here, it has open "a can of worms" to another issue with the I4 engine. I spoke to the Dealership GM about my issue (headliner-no fix) and I4 engine. Love the car, but could we work a deal for my newly purchased 2011 (Dec '11) for a 2012 with V6. Dealer was willing to make it work and keep my business. So I purchased the 2012 V6. Its Karma! Love the car even more....V6 is great, smooth power. Quieter than the '11 on the road. Nice changes with the 7" entertainment/backup camera display, door lock buttons on the door, improved visibility added to driver/passenger mirrors, front seat belts buckle easier and most important.......headliner is flush with the windshield and no drooping mid and rear cabin!
Awesome! Grats to you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is great! I may look at the 2012 for a small amount of difference in a payment (paid for the 2011 Equinox, no payments; watched them unload it off the transport new). Mine has now been in the dealership repair shop twice. Major problem with the motor since I posted about the droopy headliner, the new replaced headliner has now pulled away from the windshield on the driver side 6-7 inches...argh!!!
Glad you are enjoying your 2012.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Congrats! I was in the same situations with I4 engine issues, traded it for the 2012 V6....I love the V6..wish that I had gotten that engine in the first place..

the radio is a nice too!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts