GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the diameter of the silver ring around the main headlight.I have a project in mind and I need some sizes. Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
sapper82 said:
Does anyone know the diameter of the silver ring around the main headlight.I have a project in mind and I need some sizes. Thanks
you gonna do halos?

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
AMG Eric said:
you gonna do halos?
Pictures, please ! If you do Halos, give us a step-by-step, PLEASE !

·
Registered
361 Posts
RIT333 said:
Pictures, please ! If you do Halos, give us a step-by-step, PLEASE !
i am hesitant because you have to bake the lights in the oven and my warranty still has 1.5 years. i would also consider blacking out the headlights if i did halos. my other issue is where to connect them. if you connect them to the dlr then you have other issues.

·
Registered
361 Posts
NODES said:
Some headlights cannot be baked...
how do we find out which ones can?

·
Registered
673 Posts
AMG Eric said:
how do we find out which ones can?
will not know till you try.

I had a nissan versa where the glue that was used could not be undone by heat. I put a heatgun to a piece of it and it would not melt....

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
NODES said:
will not know till you try.

I had a nissan versa where the glue that was used could not be undone by heat. I put a heatgun to a piece of it and it would not melt....
I'll bet if you kept it on longer, it would eventually melt - into a big blob of plastic ! :angryfire:

·
Registered
673 Posts
RIT333 said:
I'll bet if you kept it on longer, it would eventually melt - into a big blob of plastic ! :angryfire:
5 min direct heat to the rubber at 400C. Crap would not melt or expand. I was :angryfire: then ???

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
NODES said:
5 min direct heat to the rubber at 400C. Crap would not melt or expand. I was :angryfire: then ???
Wow - that much heat could practically melt a fender !

·
Registered
673 Posts
RIT333 said:
Wow - that much heat could practically melt a fender !

But when I got in another accident the headlights are the only thing that survived the accident...so whatever space age glue it is...it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts