GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way of raising or removing the head rests on the rear seats. The head rests do not have the same hardware as the front headrests. They really block the rear view for other cars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, do a search on this forum and you'll find a post about it. There are small holes where you can insert a pin to release the rear head rests.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay, after reading the info from the other post, I managed to do this in about 2 minutes.

The trick...

All four holes are facing your right as you face the head rests in the rear. I simply sat facing the rear to simplify the process. Do the left one first, as this is the hardest. I used a very small allen wrench which was a tight fit. I think a bigger paper clip bent open would have been sufficient for this. Since the left one is facing the middle of the seat, lift up the middle lip of the head rest. Insert your tool into the hole in the center of plastic ring around the head rest post. You will hear a small click. Maintain pressure while lifting the left side up and a little to the right. This ensures the mechanism is disengaged. Then, go to the right side and repeat the process, only lifting up and left this time. If both mechanisms have been disengaged, it will slide easily upward. If not, maintain your upper/left pressure and try again on the right one. I managed to do them both on the first try, but I imagine it would be quite easy to miss hitting the mechanism just right.

I did not gain as much visibility as I thought I would at the right-rear, but I'm sure I gained a little on folding the seats. I'm not concerned about passenger comfort. Only people riding in the back are my children and possibly a few coworkers...

If you have any questions about the process, I can help if nobody else chimes in. =-]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts