GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,
I have had my new Terrain for a week now and overall I love it. Where I am having issues is recording to the HDD. When I plug in my USB drive, it will play some songs, but when I hit the record button the message
"Recording is unavailable while scanning for song information" comes up. This never seems to go away.

- I then burnt all of my itunes playlists to seperate DVD-R's as Mp3 data (excluding all DRM Protected) When I insert the discs they will play yet when I hit record they seem to get hung up on certain songs and it just stops, won't cancel, just sits there and won't eject until I turn the car off.

I never insert a USB nor a Disc with more than 1,000 songs at one time.
I tried listening to a disc and recording songs 1 by 1 which will work for awhile but then the same songs cause a freeze and I must restart the car. ALso out of the 100 or so I have successfully recorded, at least half won't play. It brings up the artist and title information and then just skips to the next track.,

- This is a feature I would really like to work. Any help is much appreciated.
- Jack

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Furthermore,
How long is it taking most of you for the vehicle to scan a USB drive? Is it working properly to record from DVD or USB?

·
Registered
446 Posts
The recording feature is ONLY for audio CDs, not USB sticks or MP3 CDs. It doesn't work for Movies either (Big bummer there....)

Also, not all CD-R or CD-RW discs are made the same. There are many that have been noted in forums likes these that will always cause problems. Try another brand of CD-R and see if your luck changes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the manual had information on how to record from a USB. As well as some of the recording from my DVD-R mp3 has worked.

Are you sure about this?

I have the SLT-2 with Nav system.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Narg said:
The recording feature is ONLY for audio CDs, not USB sticks or MP3 CDs. It doesn't work for Movies either (Big bummer there....)

Also, not all CD-R or CD-RW discs are made the same. There are many that have been noted in forums likes these that will always cause problems. Try another brand of CD-R and see if your luck changes.
This is not correct. I copied many songs from flash drives to my HDD with no issue at all. I think I only used the cd once to copy music then found it much easier to do it via usb.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I recorded songs from a USB flash drive onto my 2GB internal memory also. It even tells you if you try to record same song twice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you all are plugging your USB drive in, will it record as soon as it seems to have read the drive? Again mine iwll play but says "recording not available while scanning song information". If you are having this message, how long until it goes away and you can record? I am using one of the Best Buy Geek Squad 8 GM USB drives, could it be that, should I try another kind?

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am also using an 8 gb flash usb. You must let the flash drive finish indexing before recording to the hdd.
It may take a few minutes, but you only have to do it once.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have left my USB plugged in for over an hour. I bet there are probably 1000 songs on there. Is that normal to take that long, if not any suggestions?

·
Registered
119 Posts
webb27 said:
I have left my USB plugged in for over an hour. I bet there are probably 1000 songs on there. Is that normal to take that long, if not any suggestions?
Are you listening to another source (XM/AM/FM/HDD) while its indexing?

I know when I put in a flash drive I waited for a few min for it to index then it worked right away, even while listening to the music on the flash drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I am pluggin in the USB, it will take a minute for music to come on. But it does, it playes the music and will let me pull up the track list. Yet every time I hit record it says "recroding unvailable while sacanning song information". I'm at a loss

·
Registered
52 Posts
Narg said:

I have copied a bunch of songs in MP3 format to a USB thumb drive and it copied them fine to the hard drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts