GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think I posted in the wrong forum before - posting in this one for better viz.

Hey guys - so I have been having an issue or two with my 2013 equinox

First off I started getting the occasional "Service All Wheel Drive System" message and occasionally that the AWD was turned off - this was pretty intermittent - Took it in and they couldn't find anything - it doesn't trigger Engine Light or errors - but when it kicks in it beeps and flashes on the console. I have an engine reader and it never shows up

Now I'm also occasionally losing the blower fan - just nothing - then you hit a bump and woosh - hot air

I'm thinking maybe the two are related - (I googled the AWD message and it states it might be issues with electrical passing between the computers)

Is there one or two spots I can check or wiggle to see if I can replicate the issue so when I take it in I can show them? Otherwise I have to hope I get lucky -- I'm not very good at auto repair - I got the book and I replaced my own fan actuator this year, but otherwise I can't test resistance or anything and we just had our first snowfall, so AWD and heat are a priority :)

I'll google some more but ach - bummer

what triggered the new urgency is that the wife thinks a part (long metal) came off the undercarriage and then the stuff all came on again - if so, that'd be fortuitous because then we can FIND something - I"m thinking maybe something got run over, made noise, and flew out from under the car and that bump was enough to jolt things again - FEELS like a short somewhere but I'm just not gonna be finding it by myself unless I get lucky in one or two spots

RB

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If the AWD system in not setting a code I would watch that for now.
Look at the HVAC system first, any codes set, which do you have the Auto or Manual system?

Because the blower fan is an intermittent problem you will have to do your diagnostics when it's not working.
It sounds like a bad/corroded connection or bad module.
Here is what you are working with.

The blower fan circuit gets battery voltage from fuse #29 under dash fuse block ->
To blower motor control module ->
Purple wire in connector (positive) to blower motor ->
Orange wire in connector to blower motor control module and is grounded.

The blower motor control module controls the blower speed
The HVAC Control Module is involved but lets start with the Blower Motor Module

·
Registered
683 Posts
Next time blower goes out give the motor a whack and see if it comes on. That's a sign that blower motor brushes are worn out. Any discoloration on motor connections is a sign of a poor connection but if you have a lot of KM's I'll wager it's the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts