GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried to fit their golf bag in the cargo of a 2010 Equinox without collapsing the backseats? If I can't haul my golf bag and my suitcase, I'm not sure this vehicle will work for me. The space looks to be too small.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Cargo area in the Terrain/Equinox looks huge to me. My 2007 Solstice could fit clubs...if you ground them into powder and poured them into the crevice around the gas tank protrusion.
I ended up getting club storage at my golf club. That way I could drive my Roadster over to play a round. Sold it last year to buy the Saturn Vue.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
izzycohen said:
Has anyone ever tried to fit their golf bag in the cargo of a 2010 Equinox without collapsing the backseats? If I can't haul my golf bag and my suitcase, I'm not sure this vehicle will work for me. The space looks to be too small.
I'm not a golfer but it seems to me there is plenty of room. Remember the rear seat moves forward increasing the rear cargo area several inches. So when you look at one on the lot, grab the handle under the centre of the rear seat and move the seat all the way forward and you can better judge the space available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found that I had to take the woods out of the bag. Space is wide enough for a couple of bags to lie side by side but the longer clubs had to lie diagonally across the cargo area. Not a major problem really.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
There IS enough space, but you can't just throw them back there... you have to plan it out a little. There isn't enough to just set them in there across the back, the wheel wells/ subwoofer are in the way, but you can lay them diagonally, either on the floor or prop them up on wheel well. If you have a bunch of stuff in the cargo area, then you can lay the golf clubs straight across the back resting on the two wheel wells and whatever you have back there... I've been thinking about building a platform that would serve that could rest on the two protrusions on the back forming a shelf and a wider flat surface.

Short answer, yes they fit in, but not straight across the floor of the cargo area.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
izzycohen... Ive seen that name before.
Traverse, Trailblazer, Envoy, Impala owner?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am a golfer too. I usually store my bag at the club, but don't have any problem putting it in the Equinox with the rear seat moved a little forward. And absolutely NO problem whatsoever putting them in my Corvette (across the width of the rear end!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts