GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2011 LTZ and have issues with the rear hatchback. If I use the key fob or the hatch close buttons inside or on the door the hatch starts down but when it gets to the closed position it opens back up. I hear three beeps as the door moves back to the open position. I took it to the dealer once and they duplicated the problem and seemed to fix it via some type of software reset. The issue came back the next morning. I'm taking it back in next week. I was wondering if anyone here might have had a similar issue and found a corrective action at the dealer.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
300 Posts
The only time I've had that happen is when something was obstructing it. I'm not sure how it senses that but it may be a mechanical issue rather then a software issue.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don B said:
The only time I've had that happen is when something was obstructing it. I'm not sure how it senses that but it may be a mechanical issue rather then a software issue.
Same here. I don't think there are any sensors, so it must be pressure sensitive

·
Registered
241 Posts
I thought you could reset the system by closing it manually. There is something about it in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
949 Posts
If it usually only happens when something is obstructing it, then maybe the door isn't aligned properly. Have the dealership check to see if maybe the latch isn't lining up right.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stratoform

Thanks for the responses. I've checked and checked to make sure there were no obstructions. I'll report back after I take it to the dealer again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the nox to the dealer today. They have to order a part relating to a "pinch sensor". The part should be in early next week. I'll update when the repair is complete.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stratoform

The local Chevy dealer fixed the hatchback today. They said the pinch sensor was operating incorrectly. The write up says

REAR HATCH WON'T CLOSE - WILL POP BACK OPEN
THE TECHNICIAN VERIFIED THE CONCERN. FOUND
CODE B153F STORED - FOUND THE R/H PRESSURE
SENSO NOT WORKING DUE TO AN INTERNAL OPEN.
REPLACED THE R/H REAR HATCH PRESSURE SENSOR
(COMES AS AUNIT WITH THE APPLIQUE)

Parts: 1 SO 20853299 APPLIQUE 12.182

The repair was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: stratoform

stratoform said:
The local Chevy dealer fixed the hatchback today. They said the pinch sensor was operating incorrectly. The write up says

REAR HATCH WON'T CLOSE - WILL POP BACK OPEN
THE TECHNICIAN VERIFIED THE CONCERN. FOUND
CODE B153F STORED - FOUND THE R/H PRESSURE
SENSO NOT WORKING DUE TO AN INTERNAL OPEN.
REPLACED THE R/H REAR HATCH PRESSURE SENSOR
(COMES AS AUNIT WITH THE APPLIQUE)

Parts: 1 SO 20853299 APPLIQUE 12.182

Glad to see this post. Sometimes mine gets in an "endless loop" where it closes almost all the way, then opens. It opens almost all the way, then closes. I will have to take mine to the dealer.

Thanks![/color]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts