GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts
JayTee2014 said:
Yup. . . . 5. . . or. ... 7 .. . . or 17. . .people show up here who sadly had a transmission problem, and that means it's a "trend" and gol darn GM junk. . . Or whatever brand a person happens to have an issue with one time.
My 2010 LTZ was in the shop 3 times for hard shifting. They could never fix it. When they told me that I had to change the way I drive to match their adaptive transmission algorithim, I sold it. No wait, it was after it was out of warranty and the airbag light went off and they wanted 800 bucks to fix that.

All you have to do is look at the number of views this thread has to determine it's a lot more than 17 people having this issue.

I was a die hard GM fan until I bought this and then the Cobalt ignition debacle. Then I just read how China is basically controlling GM now. Sad state of affairs there at GM right now. :(

And 2001 Toyota Sienna's and Camry's with the 3.0V6 engine had engines with failures due inadequate oil return holes in the cylinder heads causing sludging. . . and later unintended acceleration. . . etc. Honda has had it's share. .. and Ford has had transmission issues, engine issues, etc along with other car makers. If anything, it becomes the " luck of the draw" someitmes.

The number of "views" in a thread hardly equates to the number of a particular problem.

But I do get your frustration. . . it just isn't rational. GM may have to adhere to Chinese business practices in that country as any car maker does. But the business rhetoric about China controlling GM business here or any other country GM does business is ridiculous.

anonymous said:
My 2010 LTZ was in the shop 3 times for hard shifting. They could never fix it. When they told me that I had to change the way I drive to match their adaptive transmission algorithim, I sold it.

All you have to do is look at the number of views this thread has to determine it's a lot more than 17 people having this issue.
GM actually did fix it.
The Gen I 6T40 transmission for the 4 cyl was updated for MY 2012 to the Gen II which evolved into the 6T45.
The Gen I 6T70 transmission for the 3.6L V-6 was updated in early MY 2013 to the Gen II 6T70.

How many of the 69K readers of this thread do you think have this problem??

rednox301 said:
GM actually did fix it.
The Gen I 6T40 transmission for the 4 cyl was updated for MY 2012 to the Gen II which evolved into the 6T45.
The Gen I 6T70 transmission for the 3.6L V-6 was updated in early MY 2013 to the Gen II 6T70.

How many of the 69K readers of this thread do you think have this problem??
How nice for the 2010 MY owners.... No excuse for that transmission to shift the way it did in 2010.

I fixed it as well... by getting an Explorer.

How many Equinox's have been sold? How many owners do you think are on this board?

anonymous said:
How nice for the 2010 MY owners.... No excuse for that transmission to shift the way it did in 2010.

I fixed it as well... by getting an Explorer.

How many Equinox's have been sold? How many owners do you think are on this board?
Well, there are +16,000 members on this Forum. Plus untold numbers that just visit. As with any Forum. . . many posts are made by the few having gripes. I am sure there are many on said Explorer forums.

As for the number of Equinox sold. . . not sure what you are driving at, but since the 2010 model year . .

Here you go:

2010 149,979
2011 193,274
2012 218,621
2013 138,192
2014 242,242
2015 277,589

Or. . . Since 2010, about 1,219,000.

I would ask, did you ever try taking the Equinox to different dealers to find the issue? There are others here on the Forum who did have the same problem as you and did get the issue fixed. It sounds like your dealer did not work hard enough for you in getting GM to allow a remedy.

If you "fixed" your problem by getting an Explorer.. .. why spend the time here thread cr@ping?

Oh wait. . . "because you want to inform other about the problem. ." that was resolved.

Happy Motoring. .

Oh. . . and see the LINK [/color]below about . . ..

New Ford Explorer 2013 Transmission Sounds Poor Customer Service Car Problem Lemon Rant SHARE PLEASE [/color]

LINK: - -[/color] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsW5cdi4Nwc

crap. mine now too.
Love everything else about the car. Mine's a 2010 nox LT.
Have had a couple of shifts that would make you think the tranny was left behind on the road. Dealer says they don't know anything about it. Now, it's also whining loudly intermitently at highway speeds from the drivetrain.
my issue was the timing chain is stretching and breaking the timing guides. In which is causing not only fine metal particles to get into the vvt silinoides but a loud vibration under 2000 rpms. I'm pretty sure this could have something to due with the hard shifts, seeing how the timing isn't true and having play causing lack of power. The CPU is getting mixed signals from the sensors.

Equinoxdvr, if you paid $1500 just to have a computer reset, you have more problems than your transmission.

In my experience, the "hard shift" is caused by letting of the gas just when the trans is about to upshift. I have a spot in my suburb where I have to slow down to turn just as the car is upshifting to third gear. This will cause a hard shift every time and it is the only time my car ever does it. So now I just go slight bit slower approaching this turn to stay in second gear and no more hard shift. Not saying there is nothing wrong with someone's car, just my observation with my car.
No! That's not what everyone is talking about here! Anyone with at least 1 yr experience driving knows this. That isn't something that's so common that it should be mentioned. Also, it slams into gear A LOT HARDER than what you are talking about!

121 - 130 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.