GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some of my music collection recorded on the hard drive. When I access the HDD the music always starts on the same song instead of the one I was listening too when I last had it on. For instance, if I am listening to song "X" and then turn the system off when I turn the system back on it starts at song "Y" even though if was last on song "X". If I am listening to song "Z" and turn it off when I turn it back on it goes to song "Y" again i.e. the HDD always goes to song "Y" irrrespective of where I was listening before. Unlike my Ipod which always returns to my prevous place in the song library the SRX HDD returns to the same song not the previous song I was listening too. It didn't use to do this. I have had it in 3 times and the dealer says that is the way it is supposed to work but I am still skeptical. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Registered
297 Posts
That's not the way our HDD works. It will play whatever song was playing when our 'Nox was turned off. And, if it is in shuffle mode, or play by artist name, etc., it will play as it is supposed to. The same holds true if we are using the USB port. The only issue we have, so far, is concerning the "shuffle" mode using the USB port. Sometimes it will play the same song within about 20-30 songs of each other.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jimallyn said:
I have some of my music collection recorded on the hard drive. When I access the HDD the music always starts on the same song instead of the one I was listening too when I last had it on. For instance, if I am listening to song "X" and then turn the system off when I turn the system back on it starts at song "Y" even though if was last on song "X". If I am listening to song "Z" and turn it off when I turn it back on it goes to song "Y" again i.e. the HDD always goes to song "Y" irrrespective of where I was listening before. Unlike my Ipod which always returns to my prevous place in the song library the SRX HDD returns to the same song not the previous song I was listening too. It didn't use to do this. I have had it in 3 times and the dealer says that is the way it is supposed to work but I am still skeptical. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
By me it continues from wherever it was up to when I turned the car off or switched the input, it continues from the exact place even in middle of the song that was playing last.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. No matter what song I was listening to when I turned the car off, it always starts in the middle of same song when I turn it back on. The only exception is if I turn the car off and on in quick succession, leaving the ignition off for no more than 5 minutes. This same phenomenon always seems to be affecting my GPS settings such that no matter how I set the thing, it always reverts back to 2D view at 700ft elevation with the default city set as Washington, D.C. I live in Florida. It's incredibly annoying.

Two different dealerships claim that they can't find any problems. I tend to think the techs don't know enough about the way the thing is supposed to work to tell when it's not functioning properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts