GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While slowing down the transmission downshifts at 24 MPH. This is a hard downshift that jerks my head into the headrest. I just bought my wife a 2011 Cruze 6 speed auto trans, it does the same thing. I took the Equinox to the dealer I purchased it from, they did some up dates to the TCM and the ECM and then said the usual...cannot reproduce the problem. I spoke to a service rep from another local dealer, he said "all of the Chevy 6 speeds do that. There is nothing chevy is going to do about it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is normal, but to say it jerks my head into the armrest is a little dramatic. You can feel it though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
GeneM said:
While slowing down the transmission downshifts at 24 MPH. This is a hard downshift that jerks my head into the headrest. I just bought my wife a 2011 Cruze 6 speed auto trans, it does the same thing. I took the Equinox to the dealer I purchased it from, they did some up dates to the TCM and the ECM and then said the usual...cannot reproduce the problem. I spoke to a service rep from another local dealer, he said "all of the Chevy 6 speeds do that. There is nothing chevy is going to do about it.
My 4 banger does it at 28 MPH but it doesn't jerk my head into the headrest.

·
Registered
698 Posts
dishdude said:
it jerks my head into the armrest
That would probably result in a broken neck lol.

My V6 doesn't jerk on a downshift, but it does jerk a bit when you let off the gas at lower speeds... apparently something about the 'aggressive' fuel cutoff on deceleration. It's just something I got used to.

ChevroletCustomerService will be along shortly to advise you to take the vehicle to your dealer...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Terrain said:
ChevroletCustomerService will be along shortly to advise you to take the vehicle to your dealer...
:clap:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Terrain said:
My V6 doesn't jerk on a downshift, but it does jerk a bit when you let off the gas at lower speeds... apparently something about the 'aggressive' fuel cutoff on deceleration. It's just something I got used to.
In the three weeks I've had my Equinox, I've grown to love this, as it allows me to stay off the break pedal. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
SilverIce11 said:
In the three weeks I've had my Equinox, I've grown to love this, as it allows me to stay off the break pedal. :)
Ya know, I was afraid to say but I actually like it also!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my Terrain 2013 to the dealer service and they told me that shock on deceleration was by design. However after speaking with GMC customer service and take my car to one other service they found out that the differential 4X4 system was broken. It was two more months in warranty so they replaced for free and now it does not do that anymore.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
danlr said:
I took my Terrain 2013 to the dealer service and they told me that shock on deceleration was by design. However after speaking with GMC customer service and take my car to one other service they found out that the differential 4X4 system was broken. It was two more months in warranty so they replaced for free and now it does not do that anymore.
Weird how the one dealer claimed that a failed car component was actually a designed "feature". :banghead:

I'd love to show them them the repair order, and rub their nose in it !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts