GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read on tirerack.com that these tires are not very good... Anyone have them and can give me their impression about them ?

And please... someone who own a Terrain... if you can give me the size of the SLE/SLT tag on the sides of the Terrain it would be appreciated a lot... I know i already post about that but after more than 110 reads nobody answered me...

Thank you !

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I drove my mother in laws FWD V6 from Nashville, TN to Pigeon Forge, TN and the majority of the drive there was in the rain. The Hankook tires werent good in the rain at all. On an on ramp I punched it to get up to highway speed and I was traveling about 45 when I hit it. The car downshifted and then BAM, wheelspin like crazy. Was totally unpredictable and the back end even swerved a little.

In the dry, they were pretty good. Wet, they seemed oily no matter how much water was on the road.

Just a FYI.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I find them to be a bit noisy and 'hard', if you know what I'm trying to express...

No issues with traction as I have AWD.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Terrain said:
I find them to be a bit noisy and 'hard', if you know what I'm trying to express...

No issues with traction as I have AWD.
Ditto on that, no issues with AWD.
We got used to the firmer ride right away and it actually gives us a better sense of being in touch with the road and (uuummm) Terrain LOL!.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, you confirm what i was thinking about them... I will change them for Toyo Versado CUV as soon as i get the Terrain out of the dealer :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Thank you all, you confirm what i was thinking about them... I will change them for Toyo Versado CUV as soon as i get the Terrain out of the dealer :)
Wanna get rid of the OEM Hankook's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts