GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't suppose anyone here got a new Droid Charge phone and paired it to their terrain..I was wondering if the bluetooth diconnected after awhile when the terrain was off or out of range..The little bluetooth simble goes from white(connected) to clear(off) Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
If I understand you correctly, Your phone should stay connected as long as reserve power is on, Are you saying it disconnects as soon as you turn your car off ? It should disconnect from the bluetooth connection at about 6/7 feet from your car but not disconnect your call. Type of phone or operating system shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your phone stays connected as long as your reserve power is on(How long is that)that means if u finish your call and you go into the house your phone is still connected to your hands free in the car and if anyone calls you within the reserve being on, you will not hear your phone ring unless you have it on speakerphone..

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm not clear on the question either...but will try an answer by what we experience

IPhone is paired to NOX and IPhone Bluetooth power is "always on"

IPhone is powered "on"

Walk out to NOX...unlock door...get in...

Turn ignition key and start NOX...NOX Bluetooth recoginizes IPhone and a connection "beep" is heard.

NOX is running and IPhone (with wife) step out of car and starts walking into store...

a disconnection "beep" is heard when IPhone reaches a distance away from NOX where signal is no longer received

Wife and IPhone come back from store...a connection "beep" is heard when she gets back in range of NOX and then enters vehicle.

Our experience has been signal connect or disconnect from as much as 20-30 feet...often less...but at least 10 feet

On a slightly different note:

Arrive at home, turn off NOX...disconnect "beep" is NOT heard until Driver door is opened (RAP turns off)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts