GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, not much haggling going on. They took the GM Credit Union discount along with the USAA discount with no fight. Sounds like that is the best price I'm going to get. I put down a $500 down payment for my order on a 2012 'nox. I am going to see if they can beat my rate from the credit union and beat Black Cadillac on the warranty. But where they got me, is on my trade-in. :banghead: Anyone have any tips on haggling for a better price on my trade-in? I could sell it, but that may be a hastle and I'd have to pay taxes on the money when I turn around and put the cash down on the car. I could take it over to CarMax and get a price, but I was hoping for a good price from my dealer. (longshot)

·
Registered
65 Posts
The last time I "traded in" a car, I sold it instead for $2,500 more than the dealer offered me...and, now hassles!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Are you in Vegas? I am and I can tell you that the used car market here is way overpriced right now, so that should help you out big time. What are you trading?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dishdude said:
Are you in Vegas? I am and I can tell you that the used car market here is way overpriced right now, so that should help you out big time. What are you trading?
Yes, We are in Vegas. We are trading in or selling a '05 Mazda 3.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The problem is you already put a deposit down, so even if the deal isn't binding, you gave up a lot of negotiating power. See what Edmunds says the 3 is worth, and what other dealers are asking for it.

Used cars (especially ones around the age and price range of your 3) are in super high demand right now in Vegas. There are just not a lot of used cars out there.

My partner traded in a 2008 VW Jetta for a 2011 Regal, and the dealer gave Edmunds private party value without even a struggle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts