GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Nox 2LT, It says in the manual (9-46) that you can turn on/off the guide lines on the rear camera. Mine doesn't have that option & no guidelines on camera. i went ...Config ->Display->Rear Camera..only has the option to turn the camera on/off. There is nothing marked "Symbols" on any screen. Anyone else have this issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Gobbymann said:
2012 Nox 2LT, It says in the manual (9-46) that you can turn on/off the guide lines on the rear camera. Mine doesn't have that option & no guidelines on camera. i went ...Config ->Display->Rear Camera..only has the option to turn the camera on/off. There is nothing marked "Symbols" on any screen. Anyone else have this issue?
2010 doesnt have it and my screen is in the mirror.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AMG Eric said:
2010 doesnt have it and my screen is in the mirror.
I have my screen in the dash (radio screen)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
same on my Terrain 2012...as far as the config.

I think it might be a feature on the parking assist..

I only have option to check rear camera on or off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
what options do you have? do you have the parking assist? or Nav unit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
i have navigation. what is parking assist? the beeping when you get close to something or is it a different option? it does have the lines on the screen, and beeps when you get close. it's the wifes car but i think its a pretty loaded slt-2 with the exception of the lights in the mirror for blind spots and rear seat entertainment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
Gobbymann said:
2012 Nox 2LT, It says in the manual (9-46) that you can turn on/off the guide lines on the rear camera. Mine doesn't have that option & no guidelines on camera. i went ...Config ->Display->Rear Camera..only has the option to turn the camera on/off. There is nothing marked "Symbols" on any screen. Anyone else have this issue?
Has this been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
wsaraceni said:
i have navigation. what is parking assist? the beeping when you get close to something or is it a different option? it does have the lines on the screen, and beeps when you get close. it's the wifes car but i think its a pretty loaded slt-2 with the exception of the lights in the mirror for blind spots and rear seat entertainment.
yeah, thats the parking assist..(beeping when backing up and close)...sounds like Guidelines for Rear Camera is only on that feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
From the 2012 Terrain Owner's manual:

Symbols

The RVC system may have a feature that lets the driver view
symbols on the radio screen while using the RVC. The Ultrasonic Rear
Park Assist (URPA) system must not be disabled to use the caution
symbols. The error message Rear Parking Assist Symbols Unavailable
may display if URPA has been disabled and the symbols have
been turned on. See Ultrasonic Parking Assist on page 9‑46.
The symbols appear and may cover an object when viewing the radio
screen when an object is detected by the URPA system.

To turn the symbols on or off:
1. Shift into P (Park).
2. Press the CONFIG button.
3. Select Display.
4. Select Rear Camera Options.
5. Select Symbols. When a
check mark appears next to
the Symbols option, symbols
will appear.

This makes it sound as if symbols is only available on the SLT-2.

Guidelines

The RVC system has a guideline overlay that can help the driver align
the vehicle when backing into a parking spot.

To turn the guidelines on or off:
1. Shift into P (Park).
2. Press the CONFIG button.
3. Select Display.
4. Select Rear Camera Options.
5. Select Guidelines. When a
check mark appears next to the
Guidelines option, guidelines will
appear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
shevy said:
I do not have the guidelines option? I have camera on off and symbols on off????
Same here on a 2012 LTZ Equinox. Manual gives the same instructions to turn them on but no option exists. Maybe that means it's a "defective" radio that the dealership can replace with the MyLink version they advertised last year ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
The manual is printed wrong IMO or GM has a major error that nobody has corrected yet. I went to a dealership the other day and played with around 5 Terrains and found none that had the base Colortouch radio had lines. I did not find any with Intellilnk on the lot so wasn't sure if it had been fixed on them yet.

I do wish mine had lines.

And if anyone needs the last 8 of the VIN, I will gladly go back to the dealer and get them. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Re: Re: Guidelines on Rear Camera

All the terrains we looked at did not have the lines. I would love to have this on ours
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Jenniebeeb said:
For some reason I thought the only ones that had the lines were the ones with Nav....Not sure if anyone has stated if they have Nav and no lines, or if there is someone who doesn't have Nav and sees lines....But I thought I read somewhere that only Nav had lines? ???
I agree, it's somethign along those lines. It's either the Nav or the Rear parking sensors and you get lines. I forget which one. If you don't have those, no lines. Which is odd since it would be like a cheap and easy firmware update with no logic on why they are not there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,485 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
I agree, it's somethign along those lines. It's either the Nav or the Rear parking sensors and you get lines. I forget which one. If you don't have those, no lines. Which is odd since it would be like a cheap and easy firmware update with no logic on why they are not there.
FYI - it is not the rear parking sensors, because I have that, and no assist-lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
RIT333 said:
FYI - it is not the rear parking sensors, because I have that, and no assist-lines.
Must just be the nav radio then which makes semi-sense because that would make it a simple carry over from previous years instead of the base color touch radio which had to be a "dumbed down" version of the nav radio. Unfortunately, they dumbed it down too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
2012 no lines either...I actually looked for this a few months back, but got no where...is it really needed?

I hardly ever use the backup cam...I do it oldskool
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top