GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just picked up my new Terrain and so far so good.

Now I am a Volunteer FireFighter so I need to install lights and siren in my vehicle. I have all the electrical parts figured out the problem I am having is how to mount the speaker for the siren. On my past GMC and Chevy pick up trucks the radiator cover pops right off and gives access to easily remove the grill. With the grill off the siren can easily be mounted a few inches in front of the radiator and everything goes back together easy.

In looking at the Terrain there seems to be more to removal. Any one taken the grill off yet? Any tips or tricks.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If nobody here can help, you might try taking it to the dealership and see if they have any tips for taking it off..

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have had mine off and unfortunately the easiest way to remove the grill is to remove the bumper which is what the tech sheet at the Dealer will show.

I've tried to do short cuts, but trust me, its alot easier with the bumper off as the grill assembly is in two pieces.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Onxbear... in looking at it I assumed that was case in how to do it.

Did you find it easy to get back on when done. Always afraid that once the thing is off it will not go back on.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The only minor trouble I had was the top edge of each side [ of the bumper] where it meets up with the exsisting fenders, right below the headlights. Just have to make sure you tighten the clips properly so that the 'seem' is flush with the fenders.

Otherwise its a really good fit, kudos to GM on fit and finish, I've seen worse.

·
Registered
978 Posts
^ Nice find...2 thumbs up

·
Registered
29 Posts
So if I want to swap out my grill for the OEM Chrome one, I have a job and a half on my hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts