GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear about a new color ( Grey Green )for the 2012 Terrain? The GM employee website is showing this and not the GMC Terrain webite. I'm going to order a SLT-2 with a 4 cyldr ( Very rare it seems ) this week and the only desision is color.

It 's showing it at the GM Family first website " Build Your Own" tool

·
Registered
43 Posts
JTNJ said:
Anyone hear about a new color ( Grey Green )for the 2012 Terrain? The GM employee website is showing this and not the GMC Terrain webite. I'm going to order a SLT-2 with a 4 cyldr ( Very rare it seems ) this week and the only desision is color.

It 's showing it at the GM Family first website " Build Your Own" tool
Yeah, I aw that too. Go check out the Yukon page on the site, the color is available on these as well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
can I ask, why a loaded SLT2 with a I4 and not the V6? MPG Im guessing?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I am showing that Gray Green Metallic is an exterior color option for the 2012 Terrain. It is possible that the GMC webiste has not yet been updated with this color option. I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more information before you order. Feel free to contact me with any further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gas milage is the reasson the 4clydr, I'm mot hauling anything and the difference not that great around town.
I giving up my 2002 Chev Monte Carlo SS ( repairs just piling up fast ) that has tons of bells and whistles.

BTW can't figure out why no passenger power seat and dual zone AC/Heating at this trim level I'll miss that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now see the GMC website has been updated and has the Grey Green color.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Just food for thought for those of you that are green freaks (like my Hubby)
His MY11 Canyon is this color as it was the only green available at the time and in natural light, yes you can see the green but very lightly.
Its more grey then green, and as soon as the sun goes down, it turns much darker.
[/color]

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered a Grey Green XLE in July,(wife won't have leather seats and it is her car) they told us delivery would be Jan-Feb. Guess they are right on schedule. We changed to Steele Blue, really like the color and the car. :)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
WILL02 said:
We ordered a Grey Green XLE in July,(wife won't have leather seats and it is her car) they told us delivery would be Jan-Feb. Guess they are right on schedule. We changed to Steele Blue, really like the color and the car. :)
Holy cow!!
Is that a normal wait time? July till Jan.? 6 months?
I ordered my Terrain on Nov. 18th and I'll be picking it up this Thursday.[/color]

·
Registered
673 Posts
this is either a hot selling car or they are keep the numbers down to keep the vehicles market value up by not mass producing it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The first car I special order was in 1976 (Chevrolet) and it came in just as ordered. I think I waited maybe eight weeks.

The last car I special ordered delivery time was based on painting. That was about 30 years ago. I waited for the car and it came in with the wrong engine. ::) :banghead: After a four or five month wait I was POed. I reorderd the car and that came in with the wrong interior. :banghead: I wasted nearly a year trying to order a car. It was Chrysler and I haven't looked at another Chysler product since. I went next door and found a Pontiac on that dealer's lot that had the color and options I had wanted.

Any more I hesitate on doing special order a car. Dealers are in the business at selling units and not cars. I have looked at Terrains and Equinoxs on the dealer lots and they have very few and none with the color and options I want.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes I agree the I4's had lots of issues in engines produced before a certin date listed elsewhere in the forum[/color]. GM has made made minor changes to the cylinders or rings. If you read more in this forum so far it seems to address these issues ( rough on start up and fuel in oil )

Maybe this works.......no complants yet in this forum and no one seems shy about this.

I'm waiting to see..

·
Registered
2 Posts
OnxBear said:
Holy cow!!
Is that a normal wait time? July till Jan.? 6 months?
I ordered my Terrain on Nov. 18th and I'll be picking it up this Thursday.[/color]
Actualy, we changed the color because GMC rejected the order because the Grey Green wouldn't be available till now. We changed it to Blue and it was delivered it to us Aug 31st. :thumb:

·
Registered
289 Posts
WILL02 said:
Actualy, we changed the color because GMC rejected the order because the Grey Green wouldn't be available till now. We changed it to Blue and it was delivered it to us Aug 31st. :thumb:
I'm surprised the order would even be attempted to go through.

I placed my order around the 3rd week in October for the Merlot Jewel and GM wouldn't accept the order for 3 weeks due to color restriction (they were only allowing a set number or merlot jewel each week per marketing area) and then it took about 6 weeks for it to come in. They truely are shipping them fast once the order is accepted. It just appears depending on what one wants ordered is when they will get it. I expect the new radios to have tight ordering restrictions as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts