GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the disk under the lid with double sided tape. It held up great on a 2200 mile round trip. Hopefully the tape can handle the summer heat. If not I will epoxy it.
Have a good one
Fireman591 :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey, that it a great idea. I was going to do similar...install the disk on the bottom of the compartment. That is when I realized that the rubber liner was removable. I was thinking of trimming a hole in the liner so the disk was attached to the hard plastic of the tray.

I am going to look at doing it your way instead...thanks.

pmoravec said:
Can you still close the cover?
The curved bracket with the suction mount barely fits, but the cover will close when everything is disassembled.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm planning to do a small screen in there for a Carputer. I just have to find a display that will work well...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
admin said:
fireman - great info, but please don't repost the same topic multiple times in different boards. Thanks!
Sorry Admin. I was just trying to place the post on boards that it would apply to.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pmoravec said:
Can you still close the cover?
No but I might make a mount that will fold up so the lid can close.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've been using a beanbag mount, but this looks like a great alternative! Are there any sat connection problems having the cover over the gps unit like that?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NoobNox said:
I've been using a beanbag mount, but this looks like a great alternative! Are there any sat connection problems having the cover over the gps unit like that?
No problem at all. ;D

·
Registered
378 Posts
How do you power it up? Does wire just stay outside and go to power port below CD slot?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts