GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent made it to the bottom side of the Nox yet so Im hoping someone can tell me if there are grease fittings or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think there have been grease fittings for suspension lubrication in a long time. I know some HD replacement U-Joints (rear wheel drive) still have grease fittings.

In the past there were little plugs in the grease fitting locations and you could remove them and add grease fittings yourself but I don't know if that is still possible.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My grease gun is all dried up. I haven't greased anything in years. My Harley has 2 grease fittings, but I haven't used them yet.

·
Registered
446 Posts
GM stopped putting grease fittings on cars about 15 years ago. Most of them are built with silicon or other high end grease that just doesn't need any help over the expected lifetime of the vehicle. (according to the shop guys I've asked this too.)

I know that at places like J.C. Whitney and other catalogs you can buy the fittings to put them in yourself. If the locations are there, which I would think they are. But, I wouldn't do this until you talk to your dealership's shop to find out the best grease to use and any other "good to know" items.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts