GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 6 days after taking delivery of my Terrain, a fat cow decides to back her 4runner into the rear end of my ride at the gas pumps. I was getting ready to step out when I saw her in the mirror. I have no idea what the hell she was thinking. The right side of my vehicle was to the pump as was her left side. She was so far out that her left rear smacked into my left rear. Sooooooo pissed.

The entire rear bumber and the liftgate will both need replaced as well as the left rear light assembly. I dont think anything is damaged other than cosmetically but time will tell.

Arrrrrggghhhhhhhhhh....... :mad: :mad: :mad: and breathe...

·
Registered
830 Posts
:'( so sorry to hear that...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
That is frustrating.
Sometimes no matter how careful we are, things happen.
Hope everything works out OK, nchoman.

From what I've read and heard, you may want to make double sure you get OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts, not aftermarket.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry to hear that as well. Mine lasted 7 days before someone decided to run against the side with a bike or something. Mild in comparison to what happened to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an appt Monday morning to get an estimate and I will most likely be taking it to a dealers body shop. Hopefully it doesnt take too long to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If it does, you can track it on line like you did for delivery. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the shop. Driving a POS rental. A Hyundai does not a GMC make. :D If things go well I should have it back by the weekend. It all depends on parts availability.

·
Registered
446 Posts
nchoman said:
So 6 days after taking delivery of my Terrain, a fat cow decides to back her 4runner into the rear end....
You should have told her that if she'd had a GM product, she would have had rear backup sensors to warn her about nearby objects ;D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hey, take it easy on the Hyundai, my son and I have Tiberons. ;D
I think it's a great first car for a teenager because of the warrenty. We've had 4 Hyundai's and every one was trouble free. We were looking at the new Tucson and the Terrain. The Tucson lost because of the 12" shorter cargo area. Otherwise we would have bought the Tucson. Glad it turned out the way it did. We do LOVE the Terrain now, but I also love my Tiberon .......when I feel sporty.

·
Registered
111 Posts
GARYD said:
Hey, take it easy on the Hyundai, my son and I have Tiberons. ;D
I think it's a great first car for a teenager because of the warrenty. We've had 4 Hyundai's and every one was trouble free. We were looking at the new Tucson and the Terrain. The Tucson lost because of the 12" shorter cargo area. Otherwise we would have bought the Tucson. Glad it turned out the way it did. We do LOVE the Terrain now, but I also love my Tiberon .......when I feel sporty.
Just dont "crash" test a Hyundai........they certainly do not hold up like a Terrain would. There's a reason that they are cheaper....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts