GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on the hwy the front driver side window caught a small rock which caused a pit and about an inch wide crack. I thought about grabbing a "Fix-a Wiindshield" kit. Does anybody have a better repair strategy?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
gwhaley262 said:
Today on the hwy the front driver side window caught a small rock which caused a pit and about an inch wide crack. I thought about grabbing a "Fix-a Wiindshield" kit. Does anybody have a better repair strategy?
Call your insurance company...

·
Registered
65 Posts
gwhaley262 said:
Call your insurance you may have full glass coverage, they can come by and just fix it. I had a similar thing happen to my old cobalt and they just made an appt with me and jsut came by and fixed it during the day.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Some policies will not only cover replacement for accidental damage, but also the cost to re-tint if you've done that.

·
Registered
483 Posts
gwhaley262 said:
Those "do it yourself" repair kits work BUT are recommended only for small "star" shaped rock hits. Yours sounds like it goes beyond what the kit could repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Like someone else said, call your insurance company. Had the same thing happen to our brand new nox last weekend on a little road trip we took..Going down the I10 between Tucson and Phoenix a rock got tossed up and smacked the windshield right in my line of vision. My wife and I looked at eachother and said well it had to happen sometime! Called Geico when we got to our destination and they sent out a windshield guy Monday. 20 mins later it was like new again I just hope the next time its not the leading edge of the hood :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts