GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and really like it so far. My wife says I must love it because I washed it. My truck went many months between washes. :D

It handles great and plenty of power, I got the V6. I have the Nav system and it is amazing but I am going at it one step at a time. The Onstar is also great but trying to use the on star phone is almost impossible by voice. The blue tooth set up with my cell phone is flawless, works great.

It worked with my ipod just fine so far except it locked up the ipod and I had to do a hard reset to get it back. I have not tried it since but did load a bunch of songs on a thumb drive and it worked just fine.

More later as I get the sucker figured out. I ordered it with roof cross rails and that hidden cover in back but they failed to put them on and now have them on order. I ordered the hitch package but it did not come with one and they had to put that one too after I got it. :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Roy, you're going to really like this vehicle. We bought ours with the towing package and I installed the roof cross bars. Some folks have experienced wind noise with the cross bars installed, so far we hear nothing from that area ( or anywhere else for that mater----very quiet SUV!! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ckmullin said:
congrats, enjoy your drive.

Might I suggest you look at a topic hear about a high pitched sound from the engine @ low rpms. I also have the v6 and it makes that noise. It seems to be hit and miss who has it but at least there is now a proper fix!

I guess I am lucky as there is not noise at all YET :D That sucker has some get up and go too!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RSchleder said:
Roy, you're going to really like this vehicle. We bought ours with the towing package and I installed the roof cross bars. Some folks have experienced wind noise with the cross bars installed, so far we hear nothing from that area ( or anywhere else for that mater----very quiet SUV!! :)
The name is Royal :D I have the crossbars ordered, we do a lot of kayaking and I have seen that about the possible noise. What I read said to slide the front one forward and the rear one to the rear as far as possible if it is a problem, when not carrying anything.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Royalott said:
and really like it so far. My wife says I must love it because I washed it. My truck went many months between washes. :D

It handles great and plenty of power, I got the V6. I have the Nav system and it is amazing but I am going at it one step at a time. The Onstar is also great but trying to use the on star phone is almost impossible by voice. The blue tooth set up with my cell phone is flawless, works great.

It worked with my ipod just fine so far except it locked up the ipod and I had to do a hard reset to get it back. I have not tried it since but did load a bunch of songs on a thumb drive and it worked just fine.

More later as I get the sucker figured out. I ordered it with roof cross rails and that hidden cover in back but they failed to put them on and now have them on order. I ordered the hitch package but it did not come with one and they had to put that one too after I got it. :(
Congrats Royalott, hope you enjoy your new Terrain. Our's isn't due to early-mid Oct so we still have some waiting to do.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Royalott said:
The name is Royal :D I have the crossbars ordered, we do a lot of kayaking and I have seen that about the possible noise. What I read said to slide the front one forward and the rear one to the rear as far as possible if it is a problem, when not carrying anything.
We have the cross rails, too. They came with the LTZ package on the 'Nox. We haven't noticed any noise with the cross rails installed. And yes, you are absolutely correct. You are supposed to put the front one as forward as possible and the rear one furthest to the back when not carrying anything.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrats
I'm still looking for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts