GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Bluetooth Two-Way Mike Phone with 2 MP camera from work today, came home and hopped in the Terrain.
In less than a minute, the phone was linked with the OnStar system.
Calls are clear as a bell.
Now we have to get the wife a bluetooth enabled phone, but for the safety, sound quality, ease of use and functionality, it's well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Got a Bluetooth Mike Phone with 2 MP camera from work today, came home and .

SnowItch, I must admit I took it for a ride, cleaned it up a bit and made several phone calls (and took some pics with the new phone, of course LOL).
Every phone call I made, I had to ask how it sounded and everyone said they couldn't tell I was in a vehicle.
Must be the noise reduction on this Motorola Mike phone plus the overall quietness of the Terrain's interior.
I can't wait for weekends.
Weekends and evenings are when I get the Terrain the most!

Oh oh, looks we're low on milk!
Dang, gonna have to run out (read: drive out) and get some!
BRB!
Whoa, better take the phone in case someone important calls in the 5 minutes I'm gone LOL!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
gearhead said:
Got a Bluetooth Two-Way Mike Phone with 2 MP camera from work today, came home and hopped in the Terrain.
In less than a minute, the phone was linked with the OnStar system.
You are not connecting to Onstar with your cell phone. Onstar has its own built-in cell phone. You are connecting to
handsfree bluetooth.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Got a Bluetooth Mike Phone with 2 MP camera from work today, came home and .

I've been somewhat disappointed with the quality of the bluetooth calls in our Equinox. And my wife has trouble getting the voice recognition to understand her (had to bite my tongue on that comment...) Some I'm wondering if there is a mike problem, or something else. On the calls the person sounds very far away and "tinny".

·
Registered
635 Posts
Narg said:
I've been somewhat disappointed with the quality of the bluetooth calls in our Equinox. And my wife has trouble getting the voice recognition to understand her (had to bite my tongue on that comment...) Some I'm wondering if there is a mike problem, or something else. On the calls the person sounds very far away and "tinny".
Has everything to do with your cell phone. Voice recognition on the handsfree bluetooth is entirely dependent
on voice recognition of the connected cell phone.
Have your wife try an onstar dialled call and I bet there will be no problem.
Yesterday we made an onstar call where I started the number and my wife finished announcing the number and the onstar had no problem.
I have a motorola U9 "talking phone" that works terrible with the bluetooth(recognizing voice commands), but my motorola v360 has no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts