GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
I had my truck pictured in a google street view photo at a friends house, miles away. I think it took over a year before they took another street view picture. Your not alone even in the Boonies

· Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 182k miles
4,736 Posts

· Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 182k miles
4,736 Posts
@woulddug : Just trying to get Members to fill in their “Vehicle Details” so other members don’t have to guess what year/make/model vehicle you’re driving...

Reactions: repairman54

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought a set of springs off this site. A few years ago, there were 24 sets of custom springs made. It lowered it about 2 1/2 inches, then after a year, I cut a 3/4 coil off and it lowered it to 3.5

Another option, but not sure if it is still available. Buy Saturn VUE Redline Struts and Springs, it will do about 2 inch

Also, if you search on here, a gut did a radical lowering job, by using VW parts, it was more than a swap and bolt

@woulddug How did you lower your Terrain?

· Registered
2015 GMC Terrain AWD
11 Posts
I bought a set of springs off this site. A few years ago, there were 24 sets of custom springs made. It lowered it about 2 1/2 inches, then after a year, I cut a 3/4 coil off and it lowered it to 3.5

Another option, but not sure if it is still available. Buy Saturn VUE Redline Struts and Springs, it will do about 2 inch

Also, if you search on here, a gut did a radical lowering job, by using VW parts, it was more than a swap and bolt
I found the thread using the VW parts and thought it a bit much. I'm just wanting to close the wheel well gap a bit and not kill the ride quality. How does yours ride?

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ride is same.
You can go with 20 inch wheels, do narrow the gap

Yes that VW was a bit of an extreme job.

Look and see if Saturn VUE Redline ( is the model, not brand name) are still available. They are a direct bolt on.

I found the thread using the VW parts and thought it a bit much. I'm just wanting to close the wheel well gap a bit and not kill the ride quality. How does yours ride?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts