GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 650 from Equifax - 680 with Experian and 690 credit rating from Transunion last time I checked. Do I need to be in perfect credit in order to get those promotional offers that end on the 3rd? Anyone know? Looks like in order to get those offers, I would have to finance the Nox through Ally? Is it hard to get a good APR rate from Ally?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there any wiggle room that the dealer would actually try to get those incentives or is that like an automatic rejection, not being able to hit the 720 mark?

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's actually in the finance manager's interest to NOT have you be approved for this offer, so he can sell you a loan from a bank where he earns commission and cost you a higher interest rate.

I would ask for them to give you approval for this loan/offer in writing, as a common trick is to tell you that you are approved and then come back a few days later and have a loan that is a higher interest rate.

My dealer used Experian, and at 680 you are a little low to qualify for programs that require a tier one credit score. The only way to find out for sure is fill out a credit app at the dealer, and get approval IN WRITING!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts