GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another post on another forum, I saw someone reference this SPS website (tis2web.service.gm.com). So, I plug in my VIN number and head over to say, ECM calibration and then click "engine operation" and here's what it shows me:

CPart Number CVN Description
12652773 00008181 New calibration to address customer complaint related to 5-4 downshift.
12646227 0000DB3A New calibration to enhance the operation of the engine oil life monitor to more accurately identify the required oil change interval.
12644198 00001EED New calibration to reduce the potential for engine stall during hard turn, and improve misfire converter protection.
12642531 000059FE New calibration with enhanced misfire detection on startup.
12641279 000048C3 New calibration for start of production.
12640367 00009220 Engine Operation[/color]

My question is this - are these things listed updates that have been performed on my vehicle? OR, is this a listing of available updates specific for my VIN ....that could be performed in the future?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Hopefully ChevyMgr will see this and respond, or you may want to send him a PM.

Mine shows a very long list.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing this too...

·
Registered
338 Posts
You will need a Tech II scanner to determine which programs are already installed. Some on the list may be and some may not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for clarification. So the list I pulled up on the website is not directly tied to what has been installed on my vehicle. While some of those calibrations MAY be there, the list in question is more of a list of all available calibrations. Got it, thanks.

ChevyMgr said:
You will need a Tech II scanner to determine which programs are already installed. Some on the list may be and some may not.

·
Registered
338 Posts
winchester73 said:
Is it safe to assume that one should have ALL available calibrations done?
If you were to drive into a dealer and tell them you want all updates that are available from GM installed, most likely they wouldn't do it. But if you were experiencing that particular condition, then they would load the update. GM does not allow the "selling" of warranty repairs. The customer must have a complaint, before they can do a repair.

Now if you wanted to pay a dealer to do this they would. We had a 2007 HHR come in and ask that. I think there were 20 something updates loaded. Customer paid $90.

·
Registered
289 Posts
ChevyMgr said:
If you were to drive into a dealer and tell them you want all updates that are available from GM installed, most likely they wouldn't do it. But if you were experiencing that particular condition, then they would load the update. GM does not allow the "selling" of warranty repairs. The customer must have a complaint, before they can do a repair.

Now if you wanted to pay a dealer to do this they would. We had a 2007 HHR come in and ask that. I think there were 20 something updates loaded. Customer paid $90.
I see at least once complaint in there that anyone could make and the dealership may have a hard time replicating. Tell the dealership you think it downshifts odd from high speeds and bingo, you met the first update on the list and most likely all updates are done as one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ChevyMgr said:

Thanks mate for the thorough answer. It struck me that given the complexity of the computers one would want to make sure all of the current calibrations are flashed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
I see at least once complaint in there that anyone could make and the dealership may have a hard time replicating. Tell the dealership you think it downshifts odd from high speeds and bingo, you met the first update on the list and most likely all updates are done as one.
Correct. Usually if you are loading a program for the ECM, you load all off the updates. But that won't load updates for TCMs, Radios, HVAC etc..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I tried my VIN. Verified with the windshield, but it failed.

ERROR message: E2769: Invalid VIN

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was able to get into the TIS. Working with my backup dealer, here is how to read the list. The top item of each section's list is the newest update. The top item includes all listed items below it in the section.

Searching the TIS, I found a solution for my "rear defogger problem". This is after one year with visits to 2 dealers. Solution was under ECC, Airflow. My backup dealer installed the update.

Last week, my Southeast GM customer service contact told me his decision was to close my case, (on the "rear defogger" problem), and his decision was FINAL. His conclusion was the customer was wrong, no problem exisited. Bottom line, thank you for posting this SPS/TIS topic. For me, this forum provided support, that GM customer service was not providing.

TERRAINFORUM.NET IS GREAT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info, and glad to hear this post was helpful.

RVHAM said:
I was able to get into the TIS. Working with my backup dealer, here is how to read the list. The top item of each section's list is the newest update. The top item includes all listed items below it in the section.

Searching the TIS, I found a solution for my "rear defogger problem". This is after one year with visits to 2 dealers. Solution was under ECC, Airflow. My backup dealer installed the update.

Last week, my Southeast GM customer service contact told me his decision was to close my case, (on the "rear defogger" problem), and his decision was FINAL. His conclusion was the customer was wrong, no problem exisited. Bottom line, thank you for posting this SPS/TIS topic. For me, this forum provided support, that GM customer service was not providing.

TERRAINFORUM.NET IS GREAT!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gar9

The info provided by your post on the SPS/TIS data provided me with the software fix that solved the defogger problem on my 2010. I showed my printout of the TIS to my backup dealer, he linked to my Terrain updated the software quickly. The defogger has preformed correctly since the software update.

Bottom line, working with GM Customer Service, for over a year, was not useful. GM Customer Service closed my case, multiple times over the past year. I would request help, and they would call and say they are closing my case after each request. Their stated reason was, the customer is wrong, no problem exisits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts