GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had difficulty obtaining the little bottle of touch up paint from your GMC dealer? I ordered a bottle last November and still don't have it. I've called a few times and the parts department doesn't know why it's taking so long. They always say they're going to check into it and get it, but nothing happens.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I get mine from this website Automotive Touchup. You need to know your vehicle paint code so that you can get the exact color.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My GM dealer had the paint in stock when I bought the car.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
As soon as I signed the papers, I went right to the parts dept. and bought a bottle. I do that every time I buy a car. Keep it sealed until you need it or it will dry up. I have a bunch of those bottles where the paint dried up after a couple years.
It's like tire repair kits. If you have one you should replace the tube of glue every year. I found out the hard way.

·
Registered
144 Posts
DavidPJ The touch up for the Mocha Steel is actually Magna Steel Metallic. #88860911 code GHA WA706S. Any dealer should be able to order it. My dealer had it for me when I picked up my Nox. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Have you tried any auto-parts store yet NAPA,AUTOZONE, PEPBOY"S ?
I'm sure dupli-color has that color out by now around 5 bucks a small bottle...

·
Registered
977 Posts
I ordered from the same on-line store that matched the paint on my 2000 Saturn LS1. I also purchased a small bottle of clear coat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I was signing the papers to order mine I told them I wanted one and they were like "sure that'll be 4.99" and I was like "...seriously? I'm blowing this much money on a car and you can't throw it in?" and they were like "...uh...yeah I suppose we can..." and it was with the car when I picked it up a week later.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Smaet move :thumb:

I did the same thing with the mud flaps. After dragging my feet for about a half hour, I said throw in the mud flaps and you got a deal. :cheers:

What are they going to do ...look like a Scrouge and say no?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DavidPJ said:
Has anyone had difficulty obtaining the little bottle of touch up paint from your GMC dealer? I ordered a bottle last November and still don't have it. I've called a few times and the parts department doesn't know why it's taking so long. They always say they're going to check into it and get it, but nothing happens.
The touch up paint finally arrived. About 2 weeks ago I got the sales manager involved. I don't know if it made a difference or not. Perhaps they just reordered it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am using Dr. ColorChip on a couple of vehicles - http://drcolorchip.com/

It is pricey - but if you want to touch up spots and not see the spot (at least minimize) - this is the one to use.

So far used it on 1987 442 (dark teal), 1996 Impala SS (dark cherry), 2010 Acadia (carbon flash metallic) and it looks great

Have not tried it on light colors yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts