GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appears to be large rattle over bumps. This seems to happen in tailgate area. I did see the service bulletin on the tailgate. That did not work. This is a 2013 gmc terrain with 30K miles. Out of warranty. Any other ideas? The tailgate really feels light and hollow inside.

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
hotgreek12 said:
Appears to be large rattle over bumps. This seems to happen in tailgate area. I did see the service bulletin on the tailgate. That did not work. This is a 2013 gmc terrain with 30K miles. Out of warranty. Any other ideas? The tailgate really feels light and hollow inside.
I'm not sure what the service bulletin said, but from what I've read, one fix is to adjust the tailgate bumpers so that they hold the tailgate firmly in place. With the search command, you should be able to find info on this.

Here is some pertinent info regarding your issue. Looks like there may be multiple fixes.

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=7848.0

·
Registered
749 Posts
hotgreek12 said:
Three suggestions:

Lubricate the body weathstrip which seals the hatch with silicone dielectric grease (may not be feasible now if you're in sub-zero temperatures.....).

Check the spare tire compartment for anything that is loose or the hold down nut is not securely fastened. Check that the press-fit compartment cover is seated correctly. Do you have the luggage shade? If so, see that it is seated securely in its mounting brackets.

With the hatch opened, check to see if any of the fasteners are loose that hold the gas-charged struts to the body.

I help maintain a family member's 2013 Equinox.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is the jack back there somewhere? If it's ever been out it could be loose, and sure makes a racket sometimes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know the part number for the tailgate rubber stops? This was one fix suggestion but I want to buy new ones. There are only 2. So far nothing has worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts