GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background information that I know:
I recently purchased a used 2014 GMC Terrain Denali. I have a Nonda/ZUS bluetooth device connected to it.
It would alert me every now and then that my battery voltage would sometimes drop to 11.8V and maybe lower.
I've had it for a little more than two months now. Other than that, it's been pretty great, honestly.

Situation:
While driving this morning, on my way back home, I stopped to get some Wendy's. While stopped, it started vibrating and then it started to shake and then it started getting more and more intense. I put the car in park and the shaking/vibrations stopped. Upon leaving, I took the car off ECO mode, thinking that might be related. On the way back home, nothing happened. It was fine.

After parking back at my place, I put ECO mode back on. The RPMs started to dip and it started shaking up again.

My thinking is that the battery might need to be replaced. I was hoping to get a second opinion. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Possibly the maf sensor needs to be cleaned. If you bought it from a dealer, let them deal with it. Ant CEL light ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
My second opinion, a 2014 with the original battery dipping to 11.8v should with out a doubt be replaced. Depending on the milage... 100k +? Alternator would be a viable easy option to go for at the same time. That way the new battery will last another 5+ years. Run top tier gas. Check the voltage with the car off, some batteries like a really healthy one above 12.6. A bad one under 12v.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.