GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Looks like the instrument cluster from an Acadia Denali. In looking at pictures of the clusters, the Acadia and Terrain clusters both appear to be virtually the same shape and use the almost the same mounting tabs. They also have an identical wiring harness connector on the back. The question is whether the Terrain's computer will automatically recognize and know where to display data when connected to an Acadia Denali instrument cluster.

Used Acadia Denali clusters are ~$300.00 Is it worth the money and time to find out if it is a direct swap? Everyone has different comfort level with mods like this. I wouldn't swap out a perfectly functioning cluster to do something like this. Plus, it will not have all of the functionality that it did in the Acadia. So you might get the "look" but not all of the additional displays.

Acadia Denali Front
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Grille

Acadia Denali Back
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part Font Gadget

Terrain front
Automotive design Automotive lighting Rim Bicycle part Automotive tire

Terrain back
Automotive tire Tire Camera accessory Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 170.5k miles
4,085 Posts
I don't normally pay attention to projects like this, but I'm pretty sure I remember happening upon a swap like this on another forum ... maybe the Impala forum (??)... where someone had proven some of these clusters are interchangeable.

Do you know exactly what you'd be gaining? Is it just for looks (??) ... because it's "multi-colored"?

Guy on the Acadia Forum used "White Audio Media" to help with programming for the swap ... but his was Acadia-to-Acadia. Maybe contact them and see what they say? They charged $199, BTW (or even $300+ for the 2nd guy in this thread):

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
About nine months ago there was a thread in the 2019 Blazer forum about installing an upgraded cluster in a new body style Blazer.
I believe "Flyboy" was the OP's name.

I think he also used White Auto Media.
He shipped his cluster to them, they did the upgrade, and shipped it back.
If I remember right he upgraded to the Premium trim.

Reactions: Colt Hero

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
@rednox301 : "Flyboy" paid $730! These numbers are getting more and more outrageous!

Reactions: rednox301

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
@rednox301 : "Flyboy" paid $730! These numbers are getting more and more outrageous!

Yup, that's the one.
You know the old saying, ten cents more and you go first class.

• Haha
Reactions: Colt Hero

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted our local dealer. He confirmed that it is possible to do this. He has done this several times before. But here it is worth paying attention to the cluster that suits me. There are two types, one until 2020 with the release of HMI 2.5 and everything that comes next with the release of HMI 3.0. So they told me to search with the release of 2.5. Then all the functionality will work.
I even found a guy who mistakenly set himself the wrong cluster, and not all functions worked for him, but he ordered a new one and everything worked for him.
So it is possible.

I decided that I would do the same and as soon as I set up a new cluster for myself, I will share my experience with you.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
There are two types, one until 2020 with the release of HMI 2.5 and everything that comes next with the release of HMI 3.0. So they told me to search with the release of 2.5. Then all the functionality will work.
I even found a guy who mistakenly set himself the wrong cluster, and not all functions worked for him, but he ordered a new one and everything worked for him.
What is the list of that "functionality", and what didn't work going from 2.5 to 3.0? I think I'd want to know that before proceeding ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts