GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have not received my Terrain ordered in february... I'm supposed to get it by next week... but i was wondering about the 2011 that should be announced soon... Do you think that there will be a lot of changes ? Or since it's a new 2010 model it won't have anything changed ? Normally they "use" the same model for 3 to 4 years before refreshing with new body and new features...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I suspect that one or two paint colors will go away and one or two paint colors will be added.

Stay tuned to this link for updates:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2011&regionID=1&divisionID=2

Once they decide what they are planning, they will add Terrain to the drop down box in the top right cornet and the you can click on a "New for 2011" link and see exactly what will be changing.
Should be soon, almost every other model is listed already, Equinox & Terrain are the only ones I can see still missing and the SRX is already listed.

SRX's changes for 2011:
Deletions
Exterior color (GBD) Caribbean Blue
New Features
Exterior color (GAR) Black Ice Metallic. Available at extra charge.
Exterior color (GHA) Mocha Steel Metallic

·
Registered
19 Posts
All the changes for the 2011 Terrain and Equinox were posted this morning on that site. A new blue color has been added.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They also added a "new" white. The new blue color seems to be quite nice...

The only noticeable change is that the motor of the 2011 is E85 FlexFuel ready.

Not a big deal... I have not seen any fuel station near me that have E85 fuel...

·
Registered
48 Posts
They also changed the OnStar package and possibly the number of power outlets. I believe that the GMC website and brochures state that there is a one year free trial of Onstar's Safe and Sound Plan with the current 2010 model. The site referred to above states that the 2011's free trial period is for six (6) months of the Onstar Directions and Connections plan; which is the highest tier package. I guess this is a mix bag; on one hand the Directions and Connections includes navigation however, the trial period is only for six months as opposed to a full year.

Curiously, there appears to be a difference in the number of power outlets between the Equinox and Terrain - with the Terrain receiving one less power outlet on the 2011 model. As I understood it, both the 2010 Terrain and Equinox have four power outlets. When I clicked on the "standard equipment" hyperlink for the 2011 Terrain it states that there are three outlets as follows: "Power outlets, 3 auxiliary with covers, 12-volt, includes 1 front, 1 rear seat, 1 rear cargo area." In comparison, the same tab for the Equinox states the following: "Power outlets, 4 auxiliary with covers, 12-volt, includes 1 front of console, 1 in console, 1 in back of console and 1 in cargo area." What gives in losing one of the two console outlets? I hope that this is just a misprint.

I do wish they would have taken the opportunity to upgrade the Bluetooth connectivity as I have read that GMC may lag their competition in this one area - at least that's what the CNET review alleged.

Anyone have insights as to when we can expect the 2011 models will become available for orders?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The "blue" color is not blue at all really. Its another dull earth tone color.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'll have to re-read the change log, but I thought I read that the '11 would have express down only on the front windows instead of all.

It was late though...

·
Registered
63 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
The only noticeable change is that the motor of the 2011 is E85 FlexFuel ready.
The E85 option is only for the V6 engine on the 2011s, correct?

·
Registered
297 Posts
ScarletSpeedstr said:
The E85 option is only for the V6 engine on the 2011s, correct?
That is what I have read. Only the V6 gets the E85 option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have not read up on the Equinox but does it have the usb port? If it doesn't, the Terrain my have one less aux port because the usb port can be used to charge certain items. I doubt there will be many changes which is why I jumped on the 2010 on the lot which had what I want. I got lucky, it was brought in from another dealer on a trade. The deal fell thru and I ended up buying the same vehicle the same day. It never made it into the dealers inventory. This dealer has a hard time keeping anything that has SLT on it in stock. I've been checking with them for 6 months now and they sell them about as fast as they get them.

I did get mine for invoice due to turning in my Acadia off lease which I also got from them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
sboden said:
I have not read up on the Equinox but does it have the usb port? If it doesn't, the Terrain my have one less aux port because the usb port can be used to charge certain items. I doubt there will be many changes which is why I jumped on the 2010 on the lot which had what I want. I got lucky, it was brought in from another dealer on a trade. The deal fell thru and I ended up buying the same vehicle the same day. It never made it into the dealers inventory. This dealer has a hard time keeping anything that has SLT on it in stock. I've been checking with them for 6 months now and they sell them about as fast as they get them.

I did get mine for invoice due to turning in my Acadia off lease which I also got from them.
Yes, Equinox has the USB port. The interiors are identical between the Terrain and Equinox. Both interiors have 4 aux ports. Only one at very rear retains power when vehicle is turned off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Deletions

(GBA) Onyx Black
(GBX) Atlantic Blue Metallic
(GCD) Summit White

New Features

(LFW) 3.0L V6 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) 264 hp [196.8 kW] @ 6950 rpm, 222 lb-ft [299.7 N-m] @ 5100 rpm) E85 FlexFuel Capable with (FE9) Federal emissions only.
(GLB) Steel Blue Metallic
(GAZ) Olympic White
OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ordered a Terrain last week and received a call from the dealership today stating that the order was kicked back to them due to the production of the 2011s starting. I was also told that I would no longer be getting "Summit" white, but "Olympic" white instead ::).

·
Registered
297 Posts
ScarletSpeedstr said:
I ordered a Terrain last week and received a call from the dealership today stating that the order was kicked back to them due to the production of the 2011s starting. I was also told that I would no longer be getting "Summit" white, but "Olympic" white instead ::).
I've seen the little color samples online, but it's hard to tell what the differences in white are. Have you seen an example in person of the new "Olympic" white at the dealership? If so, do you like it less or more than the "Summit" white?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I actually have not seen what the difference is. The salesman chuckled when he told me that, so I can't imagine that it is going to be something wildly different.

It did make me second guess myself though, as I went into this deal wanting Carbon Black w/Titanium interior and ended up changing my mind after seeing the Summit White w/Brownstone interior. I've never had a white car and I really can't say that I would have even considered it prior to actually seeing how sharp the vehicle looked in white with the chrome package.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Olympic white is a much brighter white than Summit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
ScarletSpeedstr said:
That's somewhat scary to hear.
I agree. Of course, I tend to like the more "off white" look than bright white.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts