GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone from GM monitor this site anymore?
I need to get in contact with someone from GM as I am getting the run around from my local dealer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I had a problem a few years ago I called the number in the owners manual. They were very helpful.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have called customer service and got an offshore service rep. Not sure where that will go.
About 6 years ago I had an issue and a GM rep who was monitoring this site set in and got me some satisfaction. I was hoping she was still around.

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Does anyone from GM monitor this site anymore?
I need to get in contact with someone from GM as I am getting the run around from my local dealer.
Here is a thread from the Acadia Forum that may help.

Try this - --
Florida Acadia, post: 327599, member: 234083
First...if you are still within your 3 year/36K Bumper to Bumper Warranty it helps a bunch. This is what I just did today: I called GM Customer Service 866-522-9559 and spoke to a representative, explained my situation. She then got me in a 3: way call with my Dealer's customer relations manager...who also happens to be the service manager. Service manager asked that I bring the vehicle by so he could take pics and file a claim....THERE IS A STRICT PROCESS !! The dealer has an app on their GMC Phone that ties to GM Headquarters and expedites the claim. He took pics of all 4: wheels...labeling each one with a sign. He then completed the application with information and a narrative...followed by sending it in.

He explained to me that by strictly following the PROCESS he has not had one denied. Once approved (usually 2~3 business days) he will be notified with a Claim Adjustment PO number that he will use to order 4: new replacement rims.Once the rims arrive (usually 3~4 weeks), I will receive a call to set up an appointment to have the new rims swapped over to our vehicle.Service manager remarked that he has done "a dozen or so" vehicles in the past year or so...everything from Acadia's, Yukons, Sierras, and Escalades.

So stay tuned...I will let you know how this progresses
. (y) :cool:
}

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
Hold it one minute JayTee, how could someone with an Acadia have a problem with the flawless vehicle. You may want to check what website you found that on. LOL

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Hold it one minute JayTee, how could someone with an Acadia have a problem with the flawless vehicle. You may want to check what website you found that on. LOL
Peeling paint from vendor supplied wheels to GM has been a problem for several years on cars and trucks. Apparently, possibly due to humidity when the wheels were painted . No actual explanation and not something to leave an owner stranded or left waiting for parts for 78 days (ie. . Equinox diesel transmission) ;)
But the info about how to make a claim from GM is invaluable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts