GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.myconnectedradio.com/web/gmc/home :thumb:

I logged in with my Onstar login in.

It says I need V3.7 Firmware upgrade but when I try to download it it say no download available is this the beginning of the Intellilink upgrades for the 2012 Terrains?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I logged in, registered my VIN on the site for my 2012 Terrain. Same issue Mochaman described. Tells me I need the 3.7 Firmware upgrade (on main page after log-in) but when I go to the download/update section it states there is no update available. I was curious and checked my radio's software version on the car itself and it states i'm running version 0.0...

This then prompted me to use the contact link at the top of the page of https://www.myconnectedradio.com - I have described this issue to them. Received an automated e-mail back stating I would hear from them shortly. That was 24hrs ago now. I will keep you posted if and when I hear back.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tkpc said:
I logged in, registered my VIN on the site for my 2012 Terrain. Same issue Mochaman described. Tells me I need the 3.7 Firmware upgrade (on main page after log-in) but when I go to the download/update section it states there is no update available. I was curious and checked my radio's software version on the car itself and it states i'm running version 0.0...

This then prompted me to use the contact link at the top of the page of https://www.myconnectedradio.com - I have described this issue to them. Received an automated e-mail back stating I would hear from them shortly. That was 24hrs ago now. I will keep you posted if and when I hear back.
Did the same and same result we shall see....

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
It is also necessary to have the correct audio system to be able to use MyLink or Intellilink. I would be happy to check that you have the correct radio with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately for further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
It is also necessary to have the correct audio system to be able to use MyLink or Intellilink. I would be happy to check that you have the correct radio with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately for further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Sent them to you am I compatible?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been dealing with GM corporate and my dealer since the day I purchased my 2012 Terrain in September, finally received answers that made and possibly others very upset. Those of us that paid the extra money to include navigation with our vehicle will NOT have an upgrade path to the new radio with IntelliLink. I like my new Terrain, however part of my purchasing decision was made based on the new technology that would be included over the Ford Edge. I have numerous press releases saved from both GM and other trade groups discussing the new technology starting in May of 2011 and also an email from my dealer informing my radio would be upgraded. What the heck was GM thinking when we paid extra for a radio that can never be upgraded.

I am not giving up and continue to look at other options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So are we under the assumption that if we have a 2012 Terrain without the Navigation that we will be able to upgrade to intellilink? I'm not kidding when I say this was one of the biggest features I purchased the car for. Unfortunately the lot I went to didn't have any 2012 on hand and my terrain was shipped in AFTER I purchased it, so I was under the assumption I already had it. It wasn't until after I got home I realized my new terrain couldn't do half of the stuff advertised.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wayner83 said:
So are we under the assumption that if we have a 2012 Terrain without the Navigation that we will be able to upgrade to intellilink? I'm not kidding when I say this was one of the biggest features I purchased the car for. Unfortunately the lot I went to didn't have any 2012 on hand and my terrain was shipped in AFTER I purchased it, so I was under the assumption I already had it. It wasn't until after I got home I realized my new terrain couldn't do half of the stuff advertised.
Not sure where advertised but mine was just built this week and nothing on GMs website says it is shipping with it yet. I think they just added on any built on Nov 14 if you got the 2LT loaded package or something like that. I'm confused on where anyone saw it advertised as being on already built Terrains.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wayner83 said:
I think that's a poor assumption to make. It has yet to be seen which, if any, radios will receive the upgrade. There has been news that some of the November sales of the 6cyl high ends (LTZ etc) may have mylink, with it coming to the LT's, SLT's sometime around February in the new year. I think we're all hoping that we can get some sort of ugrade, but only time will tell.

The good news is now we know what website the updates will come from and we can all keep a watchful eye out now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was just told by chevy customer service that the MyLink has been pushed back again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Late Jan '12 is new time frame for possible first run on LTZ models with other models later sometime after Feb '12.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Im kinda stupid on this stuff..

is Mylink and Intellilink the same?? Just that Chevy is calling it 'Mylink' and GMC is 'Intellilink"?

and Its for connecting smartphone wirelessly to the 2012 vehicles with/without Navigation?

and what is the issue that people are having? Its not setup yet to work on the vehicles...(waiting on an updates?)

Sorry for the highjack...Just curious about this new radio!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have Nav in a mid November build so I guess I'm sol. Funny though the salesman told me it would be a software upgrade to my iPhone. I couldn't care less about pandora in the car. The onstar app is cool for sending destinations the nav rig. I guess unless my link can do anything else I don't care that I can't have it. It funny how no body knows nothing.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
wrusprod said:

is Mylink and Intellilink the same?? Just that Chevy is calling it 'Mylink' and GMC is 'Intellilink"?

and Its for connecting smartphone wirelessly to the 2012 vehicles with/without Navigation?

and what is the issue that people are having? Its not setup yet to work on the vehicles...(waiting on an updates?)

back to topic..and how about my question?....IM not really sure what the issue is that people are having...(Im getting a 2012 soon with the new Radio (No Nav>)..so Im curious

·
Registered
118 Posts
wrusprod said:

Yes, MyLink and Intellilink are essentially the same software.

Having the software gives you a number of things above the current ColorTouch radio, such as:

Advanced Voice Commands
Stitcher Radio
Pandora Radio
Gracenote Technology

Stitcher and Pandora require a smartphone.

However, MyLink is not required to use bluetooth with your smartphone, that is available in the radios currently available (the ColorTouch I can vouch for, I'm not sure about the LS model radio)

So, In short, we're all waiting and hoping to get ahold of those 4 extra features none of us currently have.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
got it! thanks!

yeah thats really not right..they are advertising those features..and also listed at the intellink site too..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What Im reading on another post, that its a different radio that will be Mylink/Intellilink....Those radios will be in later 2012's..

SO the ColorTouch Radio's some of us have now, wont be able to connect/upgrade?

(UPDATE)...I just chatted with a GMC rep on the GMC home page.. he/she told me that the Intellilink Radio will not be available until mid-production. That it is the radio (as Tricia had stated)..not an update.. So im going to assume, none of us have Intellilink radios yet...

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have a document from my dealer titled "Introducing the new Family of Color Touch Radios
featuring Buick and GMC Terrain". On page 2 of the document in bold is the following:

Intellilink is not available with navigation.

Part of the manual goes through determining if the customer is a good fit for the base
radio, navigation or Intellilink.

It does not mention an upgrade of the base radio but I'm not optimistic; navigation seems
a certainty not to get it.

With some people thinking that they were getting Intellilink because of the color screen and
those who are expecting to get it as an upgrade, I don't this has been handle well by both GMC
and Buick. I know I waited several months thinking that it was going to be an add-on to
navigation, but gave up and ordered the High Feature nav unit. I wanted the RSE and it turns
out the nav unit will still give me basic voice control of the radio, which is what I wanted out of
Intellilink.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts