GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needless to say. There is no selection. Its a base model or none at all. I understand the factory has been down, but it should not take 60 days to ramp up. I keep hearing that they are selling fast as they hit the lot. Well I haven't seen that many for that to be true. I have seen plenty SRX and NOX, but thats it. SRX are the only ones that I'm seeing on the street and good selections being on the lot. This is on the North, East, and South side of Houston.

What have you all been seeing?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to pretty much everyone's experiences here. The Terrain/Nox are in very high demand, and dealers are selling them extremely quickly. In many cases, there's so many being pre-ordered that many of the models and sold before they hit the lot.

High demand, low supply. Many folks on the forums here, myself included, are awaiting models to be built.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I understand your frustration.

I ordered mine in Nov, received in February. During that time I saw only 3 on the road. And yesterday I saw the only other TERRAIN since 2 months ago on the road (besides mine)!

I'm confused too....if they are selling out so quickly, you would think more would be seen on the road???

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
So lets say that there has been 60k of them built. Divide that across the nation. You wont see many of them at all for the first few years.

It seems I see a Nox every day on the road here. Just one or two but the population is growing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm say BS. Are the SRX being built at the same place? Appartently, Ramos Arizpe, Mexico and Kaliningrad, Russian Federation are closer than Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada where the NOX and the Terrain are built.

The only reason people are ordering is because this is what is being told to them by there sales person. Does anyone know wheter or not the have had any labor issues at the Ingersoll, Ontario plant?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
DeMAN said:
I'm say BS. Are the SRX being built at the same place? Appartently, Ramos Arizpe, Mexico and Kaliningrad, Russian Federation are closer than Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada where the NOX and the Terrain are built.

The only reason people are ordering is because this is what is being told to them by there sales person. Does anyone know wheter or not the have had any labor issues at the Ingersoll, Ontario plant?
Then call BS.

Do the actual math and you figure it out for yourself. 3000 aprox dealers and approx 70k vehicles. Its not very many vehicles to go across the US AND Canada.

Just an FYI, they are building almost 400 vehicles per shift and they are running 3 shifts per day at CAMI.

It takes time for a new vehicle to come to market. Just the way it is. Hell, at least you can order the vehicle the way you want it. Some other auto makers just build certain vehicles and thats all you get to pick from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Over here in NC (Hendrick Motorsports), the GMC dealer had about 7 Terrains. About 2 or 3 SLE-1 base models and the rest were combinations of SLTs. Salesman said they were getting in another ~20 Terrains in the coming week. They said that they are a hub in these parts. I went online and other dealerships in the area only have one or two and I mentioned that my old dealership I dealt with in Michigan couldn't get more than 1 or 2 in stock. I think it has to do with setting up major hubs until production increases to satisfy the smaller markets/dealers. Just an observation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bballr4567 said:
Then call BS.

Do the actual math and you figure it out for yourself. 3000 aprox dealers and approx 70k vehicles. Its not very many vehicles to go across the US AND Canada.

Just an FYI, they are building almost 400 vehicles per shift and they are running 3 shifts per day at CAMI.

It takes time for a new vehicle to come to market. Just the way it is. Hell, at least you can order the vehicle the way you want it. Some other auto makers just build certain vehicles and thats all you get to pick from.
25665 Nox/Terrain sold as of 2/28/10 or ~ 8 Terrain/Nox per dealer. 48k produced in the last 40 days according to your math or little over 16 Terrain/Nox per dealer, 9 dealers within 50 miles or 144, over that same time, yet I stay outside the forth largest city in the US, and have only seen about 3 on the road in the last 45 days. I spend at least an 1 hour a day on IH-10.

There should be plenty in days to come. I just hope the local dealers here know whats available instead of the car buyer telling them.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Remember, just because they are produced doesnt mean that they are out there. At one point the Camaro backlog was around 10k cars that were "stuck" at the plant awaiting final inspection.

Also, the plant might not be running at full capacity due to part shortages.

They will get out. You will start seeing them more and more in the future. They just have to get sold in higher numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts