GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to find the board here so I can learn from you guys!

Just curious if anyone has developed a list of wheels from other GM vehicles that will fit the Equinox?

I'd like to stick with 17 inch, so if anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
2011 and up have different wheels so you cant use 1st gen on the 2nd.

Also why do you want to stick with 17" , my nox came stock with 18's and i put 20's on it lol

All i know is Camaro wheels fit.. same bolt pattern.. not sure if any other factory rims do and the smallest camaro wheels come in is 18's

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want really low profile tires as that sometimes takes away a little from ride comfort.

OK, so cool... I'll check out the Camaro wheels and see if any of them are 17 inch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
James Clarkston said:
I don't want really low profile tires as that sometimes takes away a little from ride comfort.

OK, so cool... I'll check out the Camaro wheels and see if any of them are 17 inch.
I have 20" Camaro replicas with 255/45/20 tires. Much smoother ride than my stock 18" set. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, with 3 inches less tire side wall to flex... I wouldn't want to exceed 17 inch.

I tried low profile tires on another vehicle and did not like it and they were 18 inch, so I went down to 16 inch and it feels better to me.

Besides, the NOX I'm working with is actually the wife's daily driver so I can't do anything drastic lest I get put in time out :shrug:

·
Registered
225 Posts
i believe wbody impala rims will fit. just look up the lug pattern to be sure. i have a pair of 18" wheels off my 2012 Impala LTZ i would love to install, but i do not feel like buying 2 more wheels lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I found some Impala rims I'd like to use on an '05 Equinox I'm thinking about getting... think these will work?

Chevrolet Impala 2011 Aluminum Alloy Wheel, Rim 17x6.5 - 5071
Transwheel Aluminum Alloy Wheel, Rim 17x6.5, 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern

Chevrolet Equinox 2006 Aluminum Wheel, Rim 16x6.5 - 5273
Transwheel Aluminum Wheel, Rim 16x6.5, 5x115mm Bolt Pattern

I'll have to get a 17in tire that has the same outside diameter as the OE 16in wheel, but hopefully the wheels will fit...

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
James Clarkston said:
I think I found some Impala rims I'd like to use on an '05 Equinox I'm thinking about getting... think these will work?

Chevrolet Impala 2011 Aluminum Alloy Wheel, Rim 17x6.5 - 5071
Transwheel Aluminum Alloy Wheel, Rim 17x6.5, 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern

Chevrolet Equinox 2006 Aluminum Wheel, Rim 16x6.5 - 5273
Transwheel Aluminum Wheel, Rim 16x6.5, 5x115mm Bolt Pattern

I'll have to get a 17in tire that has the same outside diameter as the OE 16in wheel, but hopefully the wheels will fit...
Looks like they have a different bolt pattern 5x4.5 vs 5x115mm, so I would say NO. When looking for replacement wheels, you should also look at offset, and center bore - in addition to bolt pattern.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm seeing the same Impala wheel listed for sale as having a 5x115mm bolt pattern so apparently this is the same as a 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern.

My neighbor down the street has an Impala with these same wheels so I may go down their and offer him $50 to take one of his wheels and try it on the Equinox to make absolutely sure it fits.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
James Clarkston said:
I'm seeing the same Impala wheel listed for sale as having a 5x115mm bolt pattern so apparently this is the same as a 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern.

My neighbor down the street has an Impala with these same wheels so I may go down their and offer him $50 to take one of his wheels and try it on the Equinox to make absolutely sure it fits.
According to TireRack, the Equinox takes 5x120mm and the Impala takes 5x115mm

Save yourself the $50, and check TireRack's site if you want to check for yourself. Or spend the $50 if you don't trust TireRack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm speaking of an '05 model... which should be 5x115mm Bolt Pattern until the new model came out I guess in 2010 and that bolt pattern is different than the older models.

I see number companies that specialize in selling used and refurbished wheels saying the pre-2010 Equinox and the Impala up until I think 2013 both have a 5x115mm Bolt Pattern.

·
Registered
41 Posts
James Clarkston said:
I'm speaking of an '05 model... which should be 5x115mm Bolt Pattern until the new model came out I guess in 2010 and that bolt pattern is different than the older models.

I see number companies that specialize in selling used and refurbished wheels saying the pre-2010 Equinox and the Impala up until I think 2013 both have a 5x115mm Bolt Pattern.
I have noticed some conflicting information, although some information does state than some Impala (or ? Monte Carlo) Alloys will interchange with Equinox 2005.
I would like to replace my Equinox 05 Alloys as they are in terrible shape, thinking of keeping them with the winter tires on them.
Now I would like to find some Alloys in better shape to mount summer tires on to. I can find Impala (or ? Monte Carlo) Alloys much more easily where I am located than Equinox Alloys.
Did you try to fit the Impala Alloys to your Equinox as yet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did end up buying the 06 Equinox and I did install 17 inch wheels from an Impala (brushed aluminum) along with a new set of Bridgestone Ecopia Low Rolling Resistance tires ... and it looks great!

Wheels are actually the exact same offset and bolt pattern so they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
James Clarkston said:
I did end up buying the 06 Equinox and I did install 17 inch wheels from an Impala (brushed aluminum) along with a new set of Bridgestone Ecopia Low Rolling Resistance tires ... and it looks great!

Wheels are actually the exact same offset and bolt pattern so they fit perfectly.
Pictures of the Equinox and the wheels for future reference? :cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have any way of posting pics since the board here doesn't allow pics to be uploaded and hosted here.

But, here is a pic of the wheels I found online

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
You can add pictures using the FULL reply tab at the lower right of the thread.

Then, when the box opens, you can add content such as pictures, pdf, etc using the "Additional Options" box I have outlined in the picture below.

CLICK on "Addtional Options" and this is what you will see:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts