GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is going to install a GM hitch on my '11 1LT for $200 including wiring. I don't know what part number he is going to install. On gmaccessorieszone.com I see two hitches. (add /Chevrolet/2011/Equinox/?src=chevrolet for a link)

1. Part number 25980916 is $113.58. It says "Trailer Hitch - This welded structural steel Trailer Hitch kit includes the Trailer Hitch Assembly, Wiring Harness and Mounting Hardware, and features a standard receiver to fit most ball mount assemblies for your towing needs."

2. Part number 19245492 is $250. It says "Hitch Trailering Package - This welded structural steel Hitch Trailering Package features a standard receiver to fit most ball mount assemblies for your towing needs."

What is the difference between these two hitches?

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
OhioDon said:
My dealer is going to install a GM hitch on my '11 1LT for $200 including wiring. I don't know what part number he is going to install. On gmaccessorieszone.com I see two hitches. (add /Chevrolet/2011/Equinox/?src=chevrolet for a link)

1. Part number 25980916 is $113.58. It says "Trailer Hitch - This welded structural steel Trailer Hitch kit includes the Trailer Hitch Assembly, Wiring Harness and Mounting Hardware, and features a standard receiver to fit most ball mount assemblies for your towing needs."

2. Part number 19245492 is $250. It says "Hitch Trailering Package - This welded structural steel Hitch Trailering Package features a standard receiver to fit most ball mount assemblies for your towing needs."

What is the difference between these two hitches?
My guess is that they have the prices incorrect. The cheaper one seems to include the wiring harness, while the more expensive one doesn't. I'd get the one for $113, and smile. That is a very good price.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Are they the same class? One might have a 1 1/4 receiver and the other larger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The cheap one is most likely a cheap built Hidden Hitch ( brand name) while the other one is most likely a class two heavy duty.

·
Registered
441 Posts
you can probably get a well built aftermarket 2" hitch installed for about the same.....i wouldnt waste money on a 1 1/4"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts