GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called a few dealers on the price of a nox' with a gm employee discount.

Everyone tells me I get invoice and that's it. Is there further incentives or discounts I can get past that? Don't they get a significant kickback from an employee sale? Hoping someone can help clarify.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What they mean is you get the price listed on the invoice for GM employees (actually it is supplier price on the invoice minus EVA which is the additional employee discount). The employee invoice price is not the dealer "invoice" that most people talk about or dealer cost. There are no rebates right now so the price is the price.
Unfortunately - the EVA right now on the Equinox and Terrain are minimal due to demand - unlike the Impala where it is much larger.
The EVA on vehicles is based on demand - less for high demand - more for low demand. It helps get more high demand vehicles into the hands of consumers as opposed to employees.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gmiemigrad said:
What they mean is you get the price listed on the invoice for GM employees (actually it is supplier price on the invoice minus EVA which is the additional employee discount). The employee invoice price is not the dealer "invoice" that most people talk about or dealer cost. There are no rebates right now so the price is the price.
Unfortunately - the EVA right now on the Equinox and Terrain are minimal due to demand - unlike the Impala where it is much larger.
The EVA on vehicles is based on demand - less for high demand - more for low demand. It helps get more high demand vehicles into the hands of consumers as opposed to employees.
ok so unless i buy a demo there is prolly no more wiggle room past that. Wasn't sure so thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
157 Posts
On vehicles with low employee discount - sometimes it is better to just negotiate a price like anyone else. Sometimes there are incentives available that are not compatible with the employee discount.

For example - a friend bought a new Buick and was turning in a Saturn. There was a retention incentive for Saturn owners as they were discontinued but it was not available with the employee discount. The retention incentive was more than the EVA so it was better to not use the employee discount.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you order a vehicle through the EPP Option 1, you will pay dealer invoice minus dealer "holdback"... so you end up getting it for a price that is a bit less than what they refer to as "dealer invoice". I believe you're too late at this point to order an Option 1 for the 2011 model year, so you'd have to wait until the end of summer before what would be a 2012MY arrived.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Black Rain said:
If you order a vehicle through the EPP Option 1, you will pay dealer invoice minus dealer "holdback"... so you end up getting it for a price that is a bit less than what they refer to as "dealer invoice". I believe you're too late at this point to order an Option 1 for the 2011 model year, so you'd have to wait until the end of summer before what would be a 2012MY arrived.
I think that works out to like 1-2% from what they said. Employee builds are done for 2011MY apparently but customer can still get them from what I was told.

The new touchscreen on the 2012 Nox' looks nice but price wise it may be better to grab a 2011 as the incentives probably won't be that good off the bat for the 2012.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts