·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: rednox301

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
So this is another TEHCM issue ... in addition to the Pressure Switch "membrane" problem that affected some of these transmissions.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like it might also move in park?
Personally. . I think the issue is pretty rare. Have not seen or heard about this and the covered transmissions go back to 2008.

Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I agree with JT however I think the 9 speeds are over rated.
Only drove one as a rental but had a hard time getting it into 9th.
I'd rather have more horse power and less gears, it's all good.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I agree with JT however I think the 9 speeds are over rated.
Only drove one as a rental but had a hard time getting it into 9th.
I'd rather have more horse power and less gears, it's all good.
2x
9 speed in my Traverse shifts way too much compared to the 6 speeds in the rest of my fleet.
The more it shifts the more wear happens, less shifts less wear, longer life IMO

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Equinox a month ago & I put on a k&n intake, had it tuned a little hot. Ran great for 3 days, so much faster then the check engine light came on. It was downshifting hard from 2nd to 1st. It was under warranty so took it back& it was a bad solenoid causing the valve to stick on the trans, not sure about PCV. Dealer didn't give me a copy of the repair bill since it was free. It also said"Exhaust is loud" on the repair sheet...must've not seen the k&n intake. Glad the tune didn't leave any code when I reset it back to factory before I got it serviced.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Eric you were lucky. Next time, i would remove the CAI before bringing it to the dealer. IMHO

·
Registered
32 Posts
From the bulletin:

When servicing these transmissions with these particular DTCs set, be aware that the vehicle could move forward if it is started in Neutral. In some failure modes, the friction and steel plates for the first gear clutch may be burned so badly that they have been welded together (Fig. 3), which may result in possible vehicle movement."

"The new danger statement for 6-speed transmissions reads, “If DTC P2724 is present, the vehicle will have forward propulsion while in neutral. Failure to keep the brake pedal depressed while shifting through the gear ranges may cause the vehicle to move forward, resulting in potential vehicle damage and possibly injury or death.” (Fig. 4) The statement for the other DTCs is similar.

Regardless of the service procedure, it’s recommended to keep the brake pedal applied any time the vehicle is started.

Sounds like a non-issue except for the negligent and incompetent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts