GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Equinox's owner's manual, warranty info, OnStar instructions, etc. all came to me in just an ordinary zip lock bag. I'm looking for something more substantial to keep all these booklets in so as to keep them from getting wrinkled or ripped. Does anyone have any recommendations for a glove box organizer or multi-pocketed document holder? There doesn't appear to be a specific Equinox accessory for this purpose.

·
Registered
830 Posts
marylandnox said:
My new Equinox's owner's manual, warranty info, OnStar instructions, etc. all came to me in just an ordinary zip lock bag. I'm looking for something more substantial to keep all these booklets in so as to keep them from getting wrinkled or ripped. Does anyone have any recommendations for a glove box organizer or multi-pocketed document holder? There doesn't appear to be a specific Equinox accessory for this purpose.
Keep them in your house in a filer. This leave more space in the car :)

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
I convinced my dealer to look around and he found a nice "naugahyde" (vinyl) case that fit my manulas perfect. He had it laying around.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice! We're looking for something to put the manuals and important paperwork in for the glove box. We'd like to keep it in the vehicle in case we need to look something up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
In my opinion in the terrain and/or equinox with multiline display in the centre console the manuals should be electronically available as well. I mean you can also copy the .pdf in your iphone... just in case...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem with the manuals, registration and more. We took a trip to Gatlinburg and while shopping with my wife at the outlets, the leather store had the perfect size "on sale". Its black leather, plenty of space for everything and some left over. I think it was $9.99. The regular price was something crazy like $49.00.

·
Registered
297 Posts
heavyjeff said:
I had the same problem with the manuals, registration and more. We took a trip to Gatlinburg and while shopping with my wife at the outlets, the leather store had the perfect size "on sale". Its black leather, plenty of space for everything and some left over. I think it was $9.99. The regular price was something crazy like $49.00.
Nice! We're going to check out some of the local leather shops to see what we can find. Hopefully we can find some deals, too.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Staples, Office Depot and similar stores have nice different sizes of leather, vinyl and other materials with zippers or velco closures that fit manuals and whatnot.
Bring whatever it is you want to protect with you to the store when shopping to ensure it all fits.
8)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh! Nice suggestion gearhead! After I read this thread I started searching online for something that would work...I didn't find much. I don't know if I will need anything since I don't have my vehicle, so I might get lucky and have it come in something pretty already haha.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
FedorekC said:
Oh! Nice suggestion gearhead! After I read this thread I started searching online for something that would work...I didn't find much. I don't know if I will need anything since I don't have my vehicle, so I might get lucky and have it come in something pretty already haha.
Thanks FedorekC!
I go to Staples a lot for supplies, some of them to keep my paperwork organized at home and for travel.
I have purchased many leather and even nylon organizers but not until this thread did I think of putting the owners manual in one!
Our manuals came in a plastic pouch, if I remember correctly, but next trip to Staples, I'll buy something to protect the manuals better.

One thing I did do was print pages from the PDF manuals online here for such things as voice commands, bluetooth, OnStar, iPOD and USB use.
That way the wife and kids have easy reference and don't have to search through the manuals when I'm not in the vehicle!
They prolly aren't even aware the manuals are IN the vehicle LOLLOLLOL (hope they don't read this) !!!
;D :eek: 8)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good idea to go to Staples or OfficeMax. i did some searching online, but didn't really find anything I was confident was large enough. I will check one of those stores out the next time I have a chance.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Narg said:
GloveBox Organization... Isn't that an oxymoron? ;D
LMAO!
Now that's funny, albeit quite true, Narg!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just do a WTF at the dealer and get one free. Mine just gave me a 2009 Escalade one for free. Its uber nice as it should be. feel sorry for the poor sap looking all over for his. On another note... I see the bean counters are hitting GM hard.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It sucks that they don't give you anything more than a ziplock bag for the manual. I went on Ebay and found a owners manual for a Silverado that had the Chevy Bowtie embossed in the cover/holder. Fit the Equinox manual perfectly. Total cost was about $15

·
Registered
282 Posts
I posted earlier on in this thread about wanting to find something for my manual if it didn't come with anything...but when I picked up my Equinox my dealer gave me a little burgundy envelope type thing, it's kind of got the look and feel of the little envelope your pink slip sits in but big enough for the manual, the roadside assistance card and your insurance pamphlet too. It's not the prettiest, but it's better than a plastic bag! (although I got that too haha).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts