GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 3.6L Crystal Red Tintcoat
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all...was in the process of checking my cabin filter the other day and noticed what resembles to be a white 'bag' or pouch mounted to the back of the glove box lid. Does anyone have any idea what this items purpose is?. I've seen them before in various glove box related video tutorials ( ie: replacing cabin filter/damper assy.) but have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I have the same material installed at various locations underdash on my LTZ.
I believe they use it for sound supression in the upper trim levels.
Or, you can use it as a bag for anything of your choice.
Rock on

Reactions: christopherlompoc

·
Registered
644 Posts
:confused: these things are all over the place behind every panel I took them all out and threw them in the trash. I assumed it was insulation and I also have not actually been running a cabin filter

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
They are noise / sound absorbers. If they were not needed then GM would never spend the extra money on installing them.

·
Registered
2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 3.6L Crystal Red Tintcoat
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just curious for your reason not running a cabin filter.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I tried several different kinds some were too restrictive like the hepa ones some had a smell I'm thinking about ordering one now like a acdelco brand just I've probably spent 50+$ the past year and didn't find any that work as good as none.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If it is the reduced air flow that is the issue, why not try a K & N re-usable cabin filter ? They allow more air flow and you will get the benefit of having a filter still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts