GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Question: Does anyone have a suggestion of installing a light into the glove box of a 2010 Equinox? I really don't understand what GM/Chevrolet was thinking by not putting in a light in there...yet there's a light in the center console.

2) Complaint: 2010 Equinox doesn't have the battery rundown protection (system will turn off exterior or interior lights if they have been left on for over a certain period of time).

3) Complaint: 2010 Equinox accessory/auxiliary power outlets (cigarette lighters) do not operate unless the key is in the ignition and turn to "on" (they won't even work during remote starting).

4) Complaint: 2010 Equinox front reading light switches do not illuminate. It's strange that the switches for the moonroof and the master switch for all of the interior lights illuminate at night, but not the 2 reading lamp switches for the driver/passenger.

Missing little features like this...what was GM/Chevrolet thinking????

·
Registered
441 Posts
leftypjb said:
1) Question: Does anyone have a suggestion of installing a light into the glove box of a 2010 Equinox? I really don't understand what GM/Chevrolet was thinking by not putting in a light in there...yet there's a light in the center console.

2) Complaint: 2010 Equinox doesn't have the battery rundown protection (system will turn off exterior or interior lights if they have been left on for over a certain period of time).

3) Complaint: 2010 Equinox accessory/auxiliary power outlets (cigarette lighters) do not operate unless the key is in the ignition and turn to "on" (they won't even work during remote starting).

4) Complaint: 2010 Equinox front reading light switches do not illuminate. It's strange that the switches for the moonroof and the master switch for all of the interior lights illuminate at night, but not the 2 reading lamp switches for the driver/passenger.

Missing little features like this...what was GM/Chevrolet thinking????
1. http://www.oznium.com/ for all your lighting needs.....problem would be wiring them up with a relay switch for the glove box latch...or you could simply wire it inline with your headlights/parking lamps so it is lit inside when you your headlights are on (at night)

2. when the bell chimes, that means you left your headlights on.....turn them prior to closing your door and locking the vehicle....interior lights, if its bright inside your truck when yoyu exit it, you left the lights on.....turn them off....

3. thats why they are auxillery power outlets....most modern cars are this way.....cargo vans, and HD trucks seem to be the exception as their targeted towards blue collars who would regularly use them. you can always hardwire something in if you require usage....

4. yea ill agree with this one.....hell, go jump in a 1st gen nox...youll really hate it...only thing lit up is the fog light button and the drivers side window switch.....

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
1. I don't sue the glovebox much..I keep everything I need handy in the center console. A lighted glovebox would be nice though..

2. I use auto lights and don't worry about it

3. The socket in the rear compartment is hot all the time...but I guess it would be nice (and also a possible battery drain?) to have them all live 24/7.

4. Yeah, lighted switches/buttons would be nice for everything.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I found a simple solution for the glove box light. I removed the glove box door. I installed a light to the steel brace above the glove box and wired it into the courtsy light on the floor. I know the door would have to be open or you just switch on the lights with the main switch. It works very well.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've seen alot of glove box lights that just don't seem to work right. A lot of people stuff them and ruin the switches which can cause the light to stay on all the time.

As for the map lights they are not lit but the switch in fronot of it which turns on all the interior dome lights is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
3) Complaint: 2010 Equinox accessory/auxiliary power outlets (cigarette lighters) do not operate unless the key is in the ignition and turn to "on" (they won't even work during remote starting Cigarette Lighter[/color]
).
Found this thread via search, that said. I found that out the hard way when I needed a quick smoke and my Terrain had not been turned on since last night. I got used to my old Yukon truck.

Moving on, being a girl a cigarette lighter is an anti-assailant weapon.

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
AllyCat said:
Found this thread via search, that said. I found that out the hard way when I needed a quick smoke and my Terrain had not been turned on since last night. I got used to my old Yukon truck.

Moving on, being a girl a cigarette lighter is an anti-assailant weapon.
FYI - The 12v outlet by the tailgate is always hot. You can tailgate and smoke without the car key.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Couldn't get a quick smoke? Figure you gained one more minute of life and be thankful!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts