GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Windex as a glass cleaner, and rainx (interior and exterior) glass cleaner with clear success. Does anybody have experience with any superior products to improve wet weather driving visibility by reducing ahesion of water molecules?

·
Registered
441 Posts
rainx is your best bet....

dont use windex....ick....some invisible glass and newspaper is much better

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass with newspaper.

For the exterior, Aquapel is better than RainX but its more costly but it works amazing.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've been using RainX (in various forms including washer fluid) for about 10 years now and see no need to switch to anything else. If you treat the windshield, the rainx washer fluid just adds to the repellancy where even bugs have a hard time sticking. It seems to be safe for the paint as well.. (but not to be used directly on the paint)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
NoobNox said:
I've been using RainX (in various forms including washer fluid) for about 10 years now and see no need to switch to anything else.
How often do you apply it? I used RainX and had to do it about once a month, with Aquapel, I do it about every 5-6 months. Its a pretty sweet product.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
bballr4567 said:
How often do you apply it? I used RainX and had to do it about once a month, with Aquapel, I do it about every 5-6 months. Its a pretty sweet product.
Since I use the RainX washer fluid as well, once or twice a year is all it really needs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the choices are Aquapel, Rain X, and Invisible Glass. On a previous thread, I remember somebody getting Opti-Cleen in bulk from the dealer as the recommended wiper fluid.

·
Registered
303 Posts
For cleaning and polishing glass, I'll third the Stoner's Invisible Glass nomination. Windex is awful, leaves too many streaks.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Invisible Glass for me too.
I wish they still made Glass Wax that pink stuff was great and never smeared and you knew you never missed a spot. My mom used it at Christmas time with templates to make snow flakes on the windows.

·
Registered
163 Posts
GARYD said:
I wish they still made Glass Wax that pink stuff was great and never smeared and you knew you never missed a spot. My mom used it at Christmas time with templates to make snow flakes on the windows.
Just for fun I Googled Glass Wax and it seems there is a bunch of it out there. Google it and see if thats what your looking for.

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
GARYD said:
HA - that used to be my job when I ws a kid. Fine memories. Thanks for making me smile, and also bringing a tear to my eye.

·
Registered
17 Posts
X5 on the Rainx. But if your gonna use windex, you can wipe it off with newspaper and it wont leave streaks. The only problem is the ink will smear on your hands LOL. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Using newspaper is an old trick we used for car shows back in the 70's and is still the greatest way to clean your windshield - with any brand glass cleaner. The newsprint is very very very fine abrasive. I read that part in Sundays Tribune this last weekend.

·
Registered
481 Posts
808SLE said:
X5 on the Rainx. But if your gonna use windex, you can wipe it off with newspaper and it wont leave streaks. The only problem is the ink will smear on your hands LOL. :thumb:
I've found newspaper to be the best to remove cleaner with also. I also learned a long time ago to buy a box of disposable surgical gloves for about $5.00. Ink on hands problem solved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts