GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
A few more things I noticed about my wife's Terrain as I get more familiar with it:

- The 2nd row foot well is spacious and flat. Since the only passengers that will occupy the bench back there are my young boys in their carseats, the foot well makes a great storage/cargo area. It's already home to an umbrella stroller.

- The smooth plastic wheel well liners are easy to clean and look nice after applying some dressing to them.

- When reversing, the auto adjust side view mirrors is a nice touch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im kind of encouraged with the comments I read on here. Ive just had mine now for a month but have been a little bit dissapointed with the gas. but Ive just learned here that with age it might improve. that soothes me a bit. another issue is the fact that I cant stream music from my phone vis bluetooth except with an aux cable. is that how it comes, or I have not just been able to configure it?
Apart from this, I am really loving the comfort of my terrain .

·
Registered
431 Posts
Anyone have rust on the lift gate by the license plate? Told GM, they wont fix it. The car is 6 years old, shouldnt have rust already. Oh well, i'm not paying for it to get fixed. Hope their is a recall for it like their was for the doors.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Nick24 said:
Anyone have rust on the lift gate by the license plate? Told GM, they wont fix it. The car is 6 years old, shouldnt have rust already. Oh well, i'm not paying for it to get fixed. Hope their is a recall for it like their was for the doors.
Very common on Terrains. What do you own ? They modified the chrome molding in more recent years due to the rust issue.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Nick24 said:
i'm new here. Lol this site is hard to use. I can never find my comment and hard to reply to people
Click on your ID. . . . then scroll a bit down and click on "Show the last posts of this person"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any help welcomed:

2010 GMC Terrain AWD

Codes PO420 (Catalistic Efficiency Below Threshold Bank) & PO62B (Internal Control Module Fuel Injector Control Preform)

Plus

Service AWD Alert came on.

In addition the rear latch wont open even when pressing the button. It did at first and then just stopped.

Any one have any ideas, troubleshooting or part numbers they can give me?

I called my local Chevy dealership and they want 115 just to diagnosis it and if I decide not to get it fixed they keep the money but if I do decide to get it fixed they will just charge me whatever it may cost. Yeah im not going to give 115 just to tell me whats wrong with it.

I recently just put a brand new Duralast Platinum AMG battery in it.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Javiwood83 said:
Any help welcomed:

In addition the rear latch wont open even when pressing the button. It did at first and then just stopped.

if you really need to access the cargo area.

Fold down your 2nd row seats.
Crawl back there.
Towards the bottom of the tailgate, center, there is a small round plug/cap. pop that off.
You can then insert a screwdriver and poke- it will release the latch- allowing you to open the tailgate.

this is my traverse... but you get the idea. (my traverse was fine, I recorded video for a fellow member whose tailgate would not open--- like yours).

click on link to watch video.

http://vid1156.photobucket.com/albums/p570/rbmo2/Traverse/MOV07460_zpsfey0rnfz.mp4

the red circled part-- where you push. Equinox/Terrain should be similar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So the UP just got about 5" of snow and after driving through the initial accumulation, I have more confidence in my car than I did when I got it this summer... I have a 17' SLE2 with AWD and v6 (pretty much the only options on the car). The AWD system seems adept and engaged smoothly as I had a hard time judging when it was on. Combined with the v6, I had more than enough power to get up some rather sketchy hills. Also, the trans worked amazingly, downshifting to get me up said hills... Overall, this is a good winter vehicle. (It also will slide around in the snow if you drive like an idiot :wink:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
lesson learned

Bought a new 2018 Terrain a few months ago after having 2 Acadias from the same dealer, Drove it home and noticed the rear door touched the front door when opening, needed a slight adjustment, no big deal, on first oil change i will tell them. First mistake, they said well wind must have caught it, needs to go to body shop, of course not under warranty. No its just poor workmanship. Took it home and adjusted it myself. 6000 miles no major issues, passenger side blind side doesnt seem to work all the time, next oil change will tell them. I know, probably something I did

·
Registered
5 Posts
2011 GMC terrain 2.4 SLT-1 LOVIN IT!!!

snow--you have no idea how i have agonized over my decision to get this car. In early november, i was about a day away from laying down some serious $ for the ex35. Drove it 2-3 times and was in love with the comfort, power, technology, and yes, even the style. I had read a bit about the nox/terrain and decided to stop on the way home at the chevy dealer just to take a look. Fortunately, i got to see and drive a loaded nox and i knew that i needed to seriously consider these vehicles. My 09 bmw is the 2nd i've had in 3 years. Before that a caddy cts 3.6, before that 2 slk's, one 4 and then the new v-6. I've had porsches, mercedes, jags, and some very serious muscle cars in the 60's & 70's. My dad owned 4 napa stores and i grew up loving cars. I've driven 'em, raced 'em, pampered 'em, and even rebuilt a few in my 60 years. I probably never keep any car more than a couple years. This terrain will be my daily driver and the wife has a very short hop to work so she normally drives the bimmer. I am fortunate as life has been good to me. I could afford any of those cars i was looking at. I think time will tell me i made the right choice. In any event, i've got a great big back seat and cargo area i wouldn't get with the infinity.
this gmc terrian has the bigest back seat i ever sat in and im 6.5 267 lbs and no problems knees didnt even touch both drivers or passengers seat backs i tried both wow that just freaked me out ive been in vans with smaler seating i was going to buy the arcida i loved the green leather ever where even the dash but nope terrian won my cash just sent my py off very happy milage today 142,231 oil changes evry time od tell me so besides tuffys sticker lol but yup
only thing im not crazt about id the front brakes see i dont use the highways here in orlando fl
only if i have to really these are all city miles nd sh drives ike a lexus still even had a passenger bud i havent seen for years could stil smell the new eather new car smell and i dont use anthing to de oder my suv so thats was kool i guess when u in it every day almost u dont smell it anymore nice to know and what leather color scheme coco leather bottom seats top dark brown leather sweet conmbo who ever thought of that should get a raise

lt. Gray ii
0:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Old news but new to me, I was the Cruze was getting better MPG on 91 Octane. So I recorded some days when I put in 87 , and then 91. Then used today's gas prices from a local shell. Did the math and it came out to it cost me 3 cents more a mile using 87. MPG wasn't much, so I broke it down per mile. On the fence, the 19 Equinox ran smoother and had more pep. I expected that since I run 93 on a Spitfire and it did wonders compared to lower octane. I'll try a few more times and see the results on paper.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts