GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Drove by my local dealer today and they were unloading a 2011 SLT1 stopped and took a look at it when they were done.
noticed one small change from mine...Mine has a chrome button on the dash to open the storage arealocated there..The 11 has a dull colored button
Maybe too many complaints about the sun shinning off of the button and blinding the driver..

I've put dull cloth duct tape on mine to get rid of the glare
You wouldn't have happened to get any further information on that. There was a thread about that but I don't think any model numbers were mentioned...

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I thought it applied to ALL 2011 Terrains and Equinoxes and sometime during the model run of the 2010s.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It does go for 2011's. But I bought a 2010 back in July. The chrome button looks nice but the sun reflects to much at times.

·
Registered
64 Posts
OhioX14 said:
I think that overall it's a good vehicle with a lot of creative styling and design. I was torn between this and an Acadia but felt that since we already own a Yukon XL that the Acadia was just larger than required. I went with a loaded SLT2 with every option except the rear seat entertainment in hopes of coming as close as I could to the features I became accustomed to in the Acura MDX I traded in, and while I still like the vehicle very much, I do feel GM missed the boat on a few things. Before I list them I should say that yes, I am aware of where the price point of this vehicle sits compared to an Acadia, MDX, Enclave, and others, but also feel that when you load up an SLT2 and start hitting the $36K price range that the following items should be included in that trim level:

Power Passengers Seat
Homelink
Express Up Windows
Auto Windshield Wipers
Better Quality Tires (my expensive 19" chrome wheel upgrade came with Hankook tires on my American car!)
Working Windshield Washer Low Indicator (haven't determined if mine doesn't work but doubt it based on info from this forum)
Crisper High Ends from the Premium Pioneer Stereo like my Acura Bose System had (yes, this one is personal and subjective).
Better turning radius and a more solid feeling and sounding end of steering wheel travel as it makes a nasty clunking sound.

I really am not intending this to sound like a rant, I just feel that in the upper trim levels these things should be standard.

That's my two cents :)
I too own a Yukon and was considering the Acadia as the second vehicle until I saw the Terrain. I still need the 3rd row capability in at least one vehicle when hauling around kids playing various sports.

I agree the Acadia is more of a replacement to the Yukon with a little size reduction and better mileage.

So I opted for the Terrain SLT-1 AWD I4 as the second vehicle and I think it's a wise choice.

There's a significant improvement in GMC build quality from my 07 Yukon to the 11 Terrain.

You get a lot of vehicle for the money but I do agree with you there are some things missing that aren't that expensive to include. Things on your list that are simply software programming as apposed to actual hardware upgrades should be included.

If Ford can include BlueTooth in a base level Fiesta for $13K then the base Terrain for $25K should have it as well.

Some of your suggested improvements are subjective, but its also interesting you found the turning radius an issue and you own a Yukon. That's the first thing we noticed after buying the Terrain, the turning radius isn't as tight as the larger Yukon.

Regardless of our issues the Terrain/Nox is a better choice over current competing small SUV's.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just wanted to say hello to the community. I've had my Terrain for about 13 months now and so far so good. I'm a contractor this car is usually driven by one or my estimators during the day and by me all other times. We have three GMC vans and a few pickups but this is the one that the guys want to drive. (I'm guessing the XM radio has something to do with that)

We've got 30K Miles so far this year without any significant problems. I'm happy that we are averaging 24.9mpg consistantly. Consider that at least 1/2 of our miles are slugging through Washington DC and beltway rush-hour traffic. Also consider that my crew members arent paying the fuel bills so they dont have much incentive to lighten up on the peddal.

Last winter we got 40" or more snow in the Baltimore/Washington DC area and this FWD handles great.

I'm feeling good about my purchase and looking forward to many more years of smooth driving.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey welcome to the out of warranty club, well your almost there. I am the club president with 51k on the road. ;D

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's a lot of miles you both have.
It's good to hear that no problems have croped up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
GAS MILEAGE HORRIBLE - Ok – HELP, just purchased a GMC Terrain SLT2 4-cycl - my most important factor in choosing a new vehicle was MPG, finding the Best Rated. I just purchased Friday Dec 17, 2010 and drove over 500 miles and ONLY got 21.1mpg in my 4cycl front wheel drive, SLT2. Average speed 62mph.
“This is from the GMC Terrain website – Terrain FWD EPA-estimated MPG: 22 city/32 hwy with the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine”
FWD Models 2.4L I-4 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) 22/32 MPG
Over 600-mile Highway driving range - EPA-est 32 mpg hwy with 2.4L 4-cylinder engine.

This is ridiculous – how can they report the above. 21.1 when they report on the window sticker AVG HWY 26 – 28.

NOW WHAT DO YOU DO! 72-hour return policy and drive it back to the dealership and get my money back?

Is my vehicle fluke?

·
Registered
626 Posts
dutch63 said:
GAS MILEAGE HORRIBLE - Ok – HELP, just purchased a GMC Terrain SLT2 4-cycl - my most important factor in choosing a new vehicle was MPG, finding the Best Rated. I just purchased Friday Dec 17, 2010 and drove over 500 miles and ONLY got 21.1mpg in my 4cycl front wheel drive, SLT2. Average speed 62mph.
“This is from the GMC Terrain website – Terrain FWD EPA-estimated MPG: 22 city/32 hwy with the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine”
FWD Models 2.4L I-4 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) 22/32 MPG
Over 600-mile Highway driving range - EPA-est 32 mpg hwy with 2.4L 4-cylinder engine.

This is ridiculous – how can they report the above. 21.1 when they report on the window sticker AVG HWY 26 – 28.

NOW WHAT DO YOU DO! 72-hour return policy and drive it back to the dealership and get my money back?

Is my vehicle fluke?
ENOUGH ALREADY! HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO POST THE EXACT SAME THING? Posting repeatedly to different threads is really obnoxious. ::)
http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=229.msg23261#msg23261
http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=1885.msg23260#msg23260
http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=1924.msg23246#msg23246
http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=1856.msg23245#msg23245
http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=1923.msg23244#msg23244

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was about to post the same thing, mnussbaum. I read all posts and had to check if i was in a time warp or several parallel time dimensions!

If dutchy63 had done a forum search he would have found his answers and saved him all that typing.

·
Administrator
599 Posts
duth63 - the same people read almost every category on here. It's very poor forum etiquette to cross post the exact same thread in multiple categories. Please stick to one post only.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I opted to check out the Terrain based on style and word of mouth. I could not believe how fabulously the truck handled. I think my only minor regret is that I went with a 4 cylinder. I've never owned a 4 in anything, only 6. I keep thinking that my gas mileage could be better with a 6 because there's less force to move it. Does this make any sense?

Regardless, awesome looking car, awesome drive and surprisingly the cabin is very quiet. I have a three year lease so I know if I'm not happy it will go soon enough. I really wanted a Caddy SRX but it was unafforadable for me with the options I wanted. I also wanted all the options in Terrain too, but settled for the base model with the addition of a power sunroof. I say settled, but I'm not disappointed. I think so far (under 1000 miles) is a good truck. :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Those nice mileage figures are for FWD. The AWD cuts that to 28 for the I4.

Secondly, there will never be a 'express up' feature. To easy for the kiddos to get fingers caught in the window.

Thing law suit.

·
Registered
378 Posts
dwendt44 said:
To easy for the kiddos to get fingers caught in the window.
Thing law suit.
Sure there is like in SRX has it, wife's Camry has express up on all windows and it's a car that's 10K cheaper than my Equinox.

·
Registered
63 Posts
equinox2 said:
Sure there is like in SRX has it, wife's Camry has express up on all windows and it's a car that's 10K cheaper than my Equinox.
I agree--nothing to do about it. Nearly every car has that feature, doesn't it? My mother's Caddy CTS has it and even my '05 Relay had express window, but get this--there was no child safety lock in that van! Imagine?? To me THAT is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I had to jam paper underneath the passenger window button because my Chihuahua would put her front feet on the door where the window button was located to look out the window and several times inadvertenly put the window down![

·
Registered
626 Posts
Too funny! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
OhioX14 said:
I think that overall it's a good vehicle with a lot of creative styling and design. I was torn between this and an Acadia but felt that since we already own a Yukon XL that the Acadia was just larger than required. I went with a loaded SLT2 with every option except the rear seat entertainment in hopes of coming as close as I could to the features I became accustomed to in the Acura MDX I traded in, and while I still like the vehicle very much, I do feel GM missed the boat on a few things. Before I list them I should say that yes, I am aware of where the price point of this vehicle sits compared to an Acadia, MDX, Enclave, and others, but also feel that when you load up an SLT2 and start hitting the $36K price range that the following items should be included in that trim level:

Power Passengers Seat
Homelink
Express Up Windows
Auto Windshield Wipers
Better Quality Tires (my expensive 19" chrome wheel upgrade came with Hankook tires on my American car!)
Working Windshield Washer Low Indicator (haven't determined if mine doesn't work but doubt it based on info from this forum)
Crisper High Ends from the Premium Pioneer Stereo like my Acura Bose System had (yes, this one is personal and subjective).
Better turning radius and a more solid feeling and sounding end of steering wheel travel as it makes a nasty clunking sound.

I really am not intending this to sound like a rant, I just feel that in the upper trim levels these things should be standard.

That's my two cents :)
Express Up windows would be a safety issue. In the event someone has their arm inside the vehicle or someone hangs their head outside the window while the window is going up it would be hard to stop the window

·
Registered
116 Posts
gruntc10 said:
Express Up windows would be a safety issue. In the event someone has their arm inside the vehicle or someone hangs their head outside the window while the window is going up it would be hard to stop the window
Like the time I hit the close sunroof switch and my dog decided that would be a good time to stick her head out of it ? :eek:hno:

41 - 60 of 154 Posts